MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any real good pics but here are my new brakes powdercoated, upgraded to 93+ turbo brake system with stainless steal lines. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Painting MR2 on the calipers = greatest idea ever. I love it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I think the MR2 logo is a decal but everything else is powdercoated. I couldn't tell you how the braking has improved because I ran out of brake fluid and wasn't able to bleed them enough and I still have air in the line. I got em from a guy named Kent. I can get you his email if you want. He sells the calipers and powdercoats them whatever color you want with black or silver logos. You can get a logo for the rear but it reads "toyota MR2" since there is no way to center just 'MR2". I chose to leave the rears blank. Thanks for the props.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know exact specs on powdercoating temps but all posche calipers are powdercoated along with G35 and 350z calipers (actually made by brembo). So I assume they will do just fine. Much more durable than paint, glossy finish with no chipping. Yeah, here is a pic of the wheels on my car, it's still got a ways to go as you can tell.

These pics are with the old brakes.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fronts are 17x7 35+ offset with 205/40/17, rears are 17x9 27+ offset with 255/40/17 the rears aren't available over here. I originally went with 17x9 17+ and they rubbed so I had to import them from japan. Tein s-tech springs.
Email [email protected] and talk to kent for the calipers. He's a pretty pasionate MR2 guy. Does a great job too.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
pure sex said:
Fronts are 17x7 35+ offset with 205/40/17, rears are 17x9 27+ offset with 255/40/17 the rears aren't available over here. I originally went with 17x9 17+ and they rubbed so I had to import them from japan. Tein s-tech springs.
Email [email protected] and talk to kent for the calipers. He's a pretty pasionate MR2 guy. Does a great job too.
isn't 17x9 +35 the most you can do on MR2's without them sticking out? Your wheels must stick out past the fenders right?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rears are 17x9 27+ the front have the 35+ offset. Actually the more positive offset the further in it will move the wheel. My wheels fit perfectly, gets as close as possible to the fender without rubbing. As I said before the 17x9 17+ was actually flush with the fender, but if I hit a big enough bump they would rub so I had to import the 27+. I believe the spring is there to help hold the line up to give it range through the suspension but can bend if needed or maybe for vibration. Obviously I really don't know why it's there. Hehe. I really like the s-tech, they are a progressive spring so over small bumps they ride pretty normal, hit a big bump and you better hope the t-tops are off or your head might hit. That's only happened once. I have stock struts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.