MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any real good pics but here are my new brakes powdercoated, upgraded to 93+ turbo brake system with stainless steal lines. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Painting MR2 on the calipers = greatest idea ever. I love it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I think the MR2 logo is a decal but everything else is powdercoated. I couldn't tell you how the braking has improved because I ran out of brake fluid and wasn't able to bleed them enough and I still have air in the line. I got em from a guy named Kent. I can get you his email if you want. He sells the calipers and powdercoats them whatever color you want with black or silver logos. You can get a logo for the rear but it reads "toyota MR2" since there is no way to center just 'MR2". I chose to leave the rears blank. Thanks for the props.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a better pic of the front!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
can you get a picture of the car... i really want to see the car with those wheels because i'm a huge fan of the atech/mb motorsport erasers/weapons...

thanks.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Looks great! But will powdercoating hold up to the temperature? I thought powdercoating was only good up to ~400F (guesstimate). I would think calipers could get hotter than that during extended abuse.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know exact specs on powdercoating temps but all posche calipers are powdercoated along with G35 and 350z calipers (actually made by brembo). So I assume they will do just fine. Much more durable than paint, glossy finish with no chipping. Yeah, here is a pic of the wheels on my car, it's still got a ways to go as you can tell.

These pics are with the old brakes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
damn your paint is hella blingin. its blinding me. but your ride is gonna be look real good when its completely done. nice work.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I really like those wheels... I have a few questions concerning them.

what are the sizes of the rims?
what are the sizes of the tires?
what are the offsets?
what suspension are you lowered on?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fronts are 17x7 35+ offset with 205/40/17, rears are 17x9 27+ offset with 255/40/17 the rears aren't available over here. I originally went with 17x9 17+ and they rubbed so I had to import them from japan. Tein s-tech springs.
Email [email protected] and talk to kent for the calipers. He's a pretty pasionate MR2 guy. Does a great job too.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
pure sex said:
Fronts are 17x7 35+ offset with 205/40/17, rears are 17x9 27+ offset with 255/40/17 the rears aren't available over here. I originally went with 17x9 17+ and they rubbed so I had to import them from japan. Tein s-tech springs.
Email [email protected] and talk to kent for the calipers. He's a pretty pasionate MR2 guy. Does a great job too.
isn't 17x9 +35 the most you can do on MR2's without them sticking out? Your wheels must stick out past the fenders right?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ozymandias said:
What is that springy bracket for on the brake line?
It's not standard on our brake lines nor most other aftermarket lines. It's something that Earl's does. Possibly to control the line from the intitial hydraulic pressure.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rears are 17x9 27+ the front have the 35+ offset. Actually the more positive offset the further in it will move the wheel. My wheels fit perfectly, gets as close as possible to the fender without rubbing. As I said before the 17x9 17+ was actually flush with the fender, but if I hit a big enough bump they would rub so I had to import the 27+. I believe the spring is there to help hold the line up to give it range through the suspension but can bend if needed or maybe for vibration. Obviously I really don't know why it's there. Hehe. I really like the s-tech, they are a progressive spring so over small bumps they ride pretty normal, hit a big bump and you better hope the t-tops are off or your head might hit. That's only happened once. I have stock struts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts