MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night my buddy and I were driving in my MR2 on our way to a party. Cop pulls me over, and tells me that my tags on my license are expired. So then I gave him my dmv restration and he then tells me that the restration is also expired and since its been over 6 months, they towed my MR2 :mad: :mad: :mad:

I never even realized about this because the dmv never told me, arnt they suppose to notify you when your restration is coming to expiration ?

And to top that all off, the cop still gave me a traffic ticket. So now I have to go to the DMV, tow yard lot, and court. I had a real great weekend :deadhorse

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Yeah I just got butt raped by DMV...They did not send me a renewal for tags and paid the penalty of 99 dollars for it in CA and did not pass smog...(test only! Cali knotcess...this is for my 4age powered 87 rolla.)

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I got pulled over the other day for doing 5 over by a state trooper; my tags were expired but he didn't notice. I got away free with a warning! Woot!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
My mr2 got towed the week before last. I was working out at the gym and I came out to find it had been towed! It sucked but atleast I got my baby back without any new scratches

·
Registered
229 Posts
JDSingh said:
I would have gotten the cop's badge number and filed a complaint.

-JD

I did. The result, a week later my car got towed(with fresh tags) because a 6'4" tall skinny black kid was standing next to it and then ran from the police. Nevermind i'm a 6ft fat white guy. Busted my all original glass, ruined 2 of the 3 100% original locks on the car. The windows and locks togather could've sold for 5K alone because the id code on both all matched. I got 80 bucks worth of repairs and that was in. Des Peres suxxors. These are also the same guys who pulled me over for 7 over, wrote me a ticket for "Exhibition of speed" in a parkinglot while rejetting my carbs on lunchbreak.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You guys are lucky you just get towed, if we dont pay our car tax over here we get an automatic fine of up to ?1000 !!!!

Surley you knew it was gonna run out though?

J

·
Registered
617 Posts
i_like_beer said:
Surley you knew it was gonna run out though?J

Yeah, don't you generally know when your reg is due? It says the month right on your plate.

I know mine is due in May... gotta smog it this time too. :thumbdown

·
Registered
279 Posts
okay if you have owned your own car for more than a year
you would know that you tags are due on your birthday whether or not they remind you
at least thats how its done down here

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
that sucks man. :( Hope you get it back and there are no problems with the car.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Yeah the tags have a sticker with the date and year on them...it's up to you to make sure they stay updated. Hope the car didn't get damaged.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
I don't care if I'm breaking the law or not, NOBODY tows my car, dammit!

If a tow truck driver even glances at my car in a bad way, he/she shall pay dearly!!!!!

On a side note, when my buddy's Bug broke down (snapped clutch cable, God bless hydraulic!) the tow truck driver asked if he was supposed to follow my little black "Porsche".

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lol I got my mk1a towed a couple days after ownin it, parked behind my complex where my garage was opened, sure it was a red lane but I always park there for car wash and etc, so I gave it a nice bath, then I gave myself a nice bath, came out to checkup still there, went back inside to get something and bam in 5 minutes gone... Paid 380 to get it out that night. Lesson learned? Not really I still park there to work on the car, just unfortunate.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I've pulled people over to let them know that they're about to expire and haven't yet renewed. If I pulled them over expired 2 days later then I would be REQUIRED to tow them. If I let an unregistered vehicle continue traveling after I checked the vehicle info and that vehicle should kill someone I'll be personally liable. Why should I or any other cop risk their job because someone isn't responsible enough to know when their registration or insurance expires? Its your car, its your license, its your problem to keep track.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts