MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, received my twosrus valve cover bolts, got bored and figured why not chrome them up heres the end result.

before:

after:

now to find a nice paint to do my valve cover in.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
why powder coat is when you can spay paint it??

just kidding i wasn't serious, anyone who thinks spray paint is better than powdercoating is on crack

·
Registered
245 Posts
flynhighaf23 said:
why powder coat is when you can spay paint it??

just kidding i wasn't serious, anyone who thinks spray paint is better than powdercoating is on crack
Unless its for a part that gets abused and you need to touch it up all the time, then I think spray paint is better because it's EASY to touch up instead of powder coating :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Bling bling!!

Spray cans also cost like 3$ and you can do it in your own garage and it will look plenty good for a long time...unless you beat up your valve cover alot.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rusiankid said:
they look good...

did you have shop do it or what???
just i do electronics at a uni and theres a mechanical workshop next door which make all kinds of things had them machine me up a HKS SSQ adapter once. i just used there buffing wheel and some polish :) just saving at the moment for new turbo than their gonna have to show me how to do nice welds for a manifold :)

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Did you polish those bolts or had them chromed dipped??

Peace-

·
Registered
323 Posts
PlATiuM said:
just i do electronics at a uni and theres a mechanical workshop next door which make all kinds of things had them machine me up a HKS SSQ adapter once. i just used there buffing wheel and some polish :) just saving at the moment for new turbo than their gonna have to show me how to do nice welds for a manifold :)
so you didnt dip them or anything...but looks nice...i wish i had acces to a shop like that.... if i did you wouldnt be able to look at my engine..bling...bling... :smile:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good, but what type of valve cover is that?different to my gen2 and doesnt look like a gen3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts