MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed turbo's(50trim to an sc61) and added 550's.
This netted me about 14whp and 20ftlbs of tq at the same boost level.
The turbo has a stage 5 exhaust wheel in a .63ar housing and GT35 compressor wheel in a .60ar housing. I know cams and ems must be next or maybe a new motor. :angel: This motor has 221k miles and Im not expecting it to last this year ok, so no flaming. I run pump gas and will not run over 16psi. On the dyno my boost gauge was at 16psi at redline. Numbers are: 313whp,255tq

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Why would we flame you. You are making some great numbers. Congrats!
Might flame you for that blurry a__ picture though... :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ebaker said:
So how much fuel pressure did you wind up with on the 550's? That is a nice looking dyno for stock cams.

Eric

36psi base pressure. I ended up retarding the ex cam a little more than last time. I think I maybe retarded it too much. The boost drops about 1psi from from the time it hits peak tq heading to redline. The graph may look laggy but it doesnt feel bad at all to me. Thanks for the help Eric.

The dragstrip has been open the last 3 weeks but it has rained the last 3 saturdays. :rolleyes: I think my clutch is getting a little thin. It still grabs, but it is engaging a little higher off the floor then normal. I currently have a spec stage 3. I had this clutch put in at 186k miles. Im now at 222k miles. I estimate another 5-10k miles before it may start to slip. Im looking for a spec stage 1 full face organic. I do alot of city driving so I think the organic might last longer than the puck style disc. I dont plan on hitting the track but maybe 2 more times this year. What type of clutch do you run?

·
5sfeturbo.com
2,750 Posts
I'm running the specII clutch and love it!!! Grabs good, but I can't say I have really beat on it. I put it on myself(what a pain!!!), but is grabbing like it should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts