MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my girl friend and i were driveing to school today and saw an 85-86 mk1 mr2, i pointed it out and said i love that car, she turned to me and said it was ugly as hell..... well i guess it was probable becuase the mk1 we saw waa pritty beaton... but now i am looking to get some pics of REALLY REALLY nice mk1's. truley good looking ones to see if i can change her mind or if i have to leave her ;)

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
when i got my first mk1, all my friends hated it and wondered why i bought it.. but i liked it, and kept it around. it grew on everyone... after a few months 4 of my friends bought one for themselves!

its not a typically "good looking" car. i dont think its ugly by any means, its just not what most people think of when they think "nice" car.

just buy one.. if she doesnt like it, open the door and tell her to GTFO :D

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
sucks for you lol j/k

my gf likes both the mk1 and mk2.

and she went from shopping talk to trying to learn how turbos work!

S

·
0 Posts
some mkI's look really nice, others look like there trip to the crusher is way overdue. I would perfer a clean mkI to my mkII anyday.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
TheDarkMajestic said:
No offense but after owning a mark 2 and a mark 1. The mark 1 is a downgrade from going from a mark 2.

i dont even compare the two mr2s in the same class. having experienced both as well, i love each of them for there own reasons. i think the mk1 is far far FAR from a downgrade from our fat mkII's.

·
5,348 Posts
I think a contributing factor to your g/f's negative opinion of a Mark I's look is the condition of that particular car. Any car with rust and beat to hell is going to elicit a bad reaction from your average girl. Color has a lot to do with a female's opinion too.

I'd head over to the Show 'n Shine forum for MK1 pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was on the fence about a minitruck or a MKII.

I showed that mini to my girl then drove past a red '91, the look on her face sealed it for me...... I'm now on the prowl for a 2.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
lol my girl likes MK2s better... whenever i point out an mk1 or 3 to her shes like "i like yours better". :)

i like all three personally, they all have their strong points and weak points... its all good. im gonna buy an mk1 after i get another mk2. im gonna start collecting them to protect mr2s from people who dont know how to drive.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Dijital357 said:
lol my girl likes MK2s better... whenever i point out an mk1 or 3 to her shes like "i like yours better". :)

i like all three personally, they all have their strong points and weak points... its all good. im gonna buy an mk1 after i get another mk2. im gonna start collecting them to protect mr2s from people who dont know how to drive.
yea yea... same deal cept backwards... i think i might get an mk2 next cause i have 2 mk1's so far

~mikeym

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Mk2 is too big, it's like driving a spaceship compared to the MK1. I can't stand them. It reminds me of an ordinary 2 seater. The mk1 is tiny and I love it... :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Somebody cut a whale's tail off and painted it red , *sigh* such cruetly to animals. Ha im jk I dont think it looks thaaat bad.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I went to pick up my ex-gf in the Lotus Elise I had for the day (getting ready to buy one) and she said it was ugly. People at the track say they are ugly too. The announcer said: "here comes the Lotus around the corner... it's so ugly that it's kinda cute... like a bull dog"

The MKI probably had similiar reactions back in it's day. Most of my friends hated my MKI... they said it looked like a wind up toy that a cat would chase around.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My girlfriend LOVES MKI's and hates MKII's.. She loves MKIs so much that we just got her one last week..

At her request its getting Koni yellows, ST springs, H&T bushings, and a MKII rear sway bar this week.. it already got my 16" Rota Circuit 8's, tune up, cone filter, and TRD Stage 1 alignment.. :thumbup

Brando

1 - 20 of 80 Posts