MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been piecing my build together for a while now so I thought I'd share. It ain't very pretty, but it was sure fun to build so be gentle :) Specs:

93 NA Base
CRW 2.0 block w/ARP fixins
ECUMaster EMS
ATS 1200cc injectors & TFFR
ATS sidefeed w/ 70mm mustang TB
TD06 20g
Kinugawa internal wastegate
Brian Crower valve springs
Brian Crower titanium retainers
Cometic 1mm HG
Frozenboost A2W intercooler setup
3" Exhaust
Aeromotive 340 pump (Yes, I know, believe me I know...but it's been working fine for a long time now)

Runs exclusively on e85 and all work on this car was done by me, everything except the block. Just about everything else is brand new, but not VE revelant. Plan on getting a dyno tune here soon so I can break-in the motor. I'll post up the results when that's done.

---I know I need cams, but I don't have the funds right now to do cams like I planned, an emergency came up and those were sacrificed.

The thing...

Wire tuck

Looks like crap, but came from a bare frame, to this. Got a 94 wing ready to go soon as I paint it :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I know it isn't the typical 500hp project most do, but it's still a decent project. Guess this doesn't attract the attention those do, my bad lol. Hopefully I get a dyno this weekend and I can post it

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks great mate! really nice and clean, easy to maintain, I hope you really enjoy your MR2! As for your comment on the 500+HP builds, I for one love seeing running cars more than impressive engine bays :) Too many of us still in the garage (myself included!). I'd love to see what this thing puts down when you post your chart. Looks like lots of fun useable power!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you get your coolant overflow tank?
I got it from a hot rod shop online, was just under $30. The lines connect to the bottom too which cleans up the bay a bit. It might be on ebay now too.

Looks great mate! really nice and clean, easy to maintain, I hope you really enjoy your MR2! As for your comment on the 500+HP builds, I for one love seeing running cars more than impressive engine bays :) Too many of us still in the garage (myself included!). I'd love to see what this thing puts down when you post your chart. Looks like lots of fun useable power!
Thanks a lot man! I went for a clean, easy to work on bay rather than a busy one. I wanna see more of us have our cars on the road lol. I can't wait to see what it puts down :)

What a2w pump do you have? Head pressure at the pump? 3/4 lines?
I picked up the Jabsco pump, the flow is incredible. Yessir 3/4" lines, that small fill pot at the end of the intercooler is just about the only hard bend in the whole system. Can't wait to see what it does on a hot day here in Vegas :smile:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice! Keep it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts