MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm new to this forum, but not forums in general so no need to worry about me posting questions that have been answered a million times, i know what the search button is for ;) I'm a 17 year old Detailer at a auto body shop in Nebraska, and no worries, I treat my cars good :thumbup

Anyways, I currently own a 88 Prelude with all sorts of goodies on it, which i truly love , but i needed a car with a bit more excitement, and what more fun could it be than to buy the car ive been wanting for over 3 years?

I found this 91 mr2 on autotrader.com with 115k on it, the guy wanted $9,000 and i told him id give him $4,500 cash for it since it books at $5,000 and since i pestered him for 2-3 months i finally got him talked into it. So i picked her up this sunday in Cheyenne, Wyoming and man shes a beauty, rides perfectly on either adjustable struts or coilovers he didnt really tell me, has the Greddy PRofec B electronic boost controller,Konig Tantrum wheels, clear turn signals and 94 taillight swap with painted center piece.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Whoa... another nautical mr2 in Nebraska! Except yours is in A LOT better shape AND you paid less than I did. Here's mine:

From the pics, I assume you're not close to Omaha at all. Check out the regional section at http://www.mr2oc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101 If you're ever in Omaha, we meet up at Hooters(the only one in Omaha, maybe eastern Nebraska)every few weeks during the summer. Just check the board.

·
Registered
623 Posts
anonymousracer said:
Whoa... another nautical mr2 in Nebraska! Except yours is in A LOT better shape AND you paid less than I did. Here's mine:

From the pics, I assume you're not close to Omaha at all. Check out the regional section at http://www.mr2oc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101 If you're ever in Omaha, we meet up at Hooters(the only one in Omaha, maybe eastern Nebraska)every few weeks during the summer. Just check the board.
Are you sure thats nautical blue? Your car looks aquamarine, I've had two of those. Its actually more green then blue.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SwpdMR2 said:
awesome car, for the kid-that-sold-it-to-you's sake it looks to be in $9000 condition ;)
ya it is in pretty damn good shape. thats like once a year thing to see a decent mr2 under $5,000 around here, its even harder to find a clean one with hardly any mods and rarely abused.

First mods are probably going to be intercooler and piping upgrade and the downpipe, im still deciding what downpipe to get. Anyone mind tellin me the estimated time to remove the piping and intercooler?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
JohnSantesson said:
Are you sure thats nautical blue? Your car looks aquamarine, I've had two of those. Its actually more green then blue.
Must be the lighting or that the factory paint has gone to ____(if it already isn't). Even the sticker in the door jamb says 8H3, which is the paint code for Nautical Blue.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Adam_d17 said:
ya it is in pretty damn good shape. thats like once a year thing to see a decent mr2 under $5,000 around here, its even harder to find a clean one with hardly any mods and rarely abused.

First mods are probably going to be intercooler and piping upgrade and the downpipe, im still deciding what downpipe to get. Anyone mind tellin me the estimated time to remove the piping and intercooler?
I had so many people pull the blue book line when I was selling one of my mr2's. I just laughed and said price is firm. I'd agree 9k looks about right. When are you guys going to figure out you need to ask more when selling your 2's. They are becoming harder to find in this condition. Also figure about 2-4 hours on the stock intercooler with piping. Its much easier to re-install any aftermarket one then take out the stocker. Same with the turbo. That main cat is a bitch. John

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
Yeah you took that guy for a ride, I would say $7500 would be fair for the car assuming it matches the pictures in every aspect. $9k is high IMO but depending on the market it may have been reasonable. Either way I'd like to have you on my debate team, nice score ;) ;)

Oh...you also missed that its got solid side moldings from Japan...I bet you will find lots of things in there :)

FYI there is a HUGE diff between coilovers and adj struts...just look behind the wheel and if it looks near OEM you will see right away what I mean!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.