MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well for those who dont know. A few months ago my car was backed into by a new Lincoln Navigator. It has been done for a couple months, but I kept of forgetting to show it. So here it is, before and after repairs.

Before
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Sweet. Looks good!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
sooo, you just got a different car and switched your wheels???

j/k:) looks really good.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
nice color to change to (especially from red :( ). let me know when ya feel the urge to trade for a black 20v... ;)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
how much did that end up costing you, looks really nice!

sometime ill need to do rust restoration work, and that will deffenetly end up calling for a need to repaint, i know the rust alown will be either really time consuming or really pricey, so how pricey is a good paint job,

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Heh, ya I know the pain of being red. I have a great story about that. On the night I asked my girlfriend to marry me (she accepted), on our way home from the resturaunt I was pulled over for not having a front plate on. Now get this, in order for the pig to pull me over he had to go to the next light down the street, do a U turn, pass the bunch of traffic behind me, than pull me over. So I know how bad the color red is. Luckly enough, when I went to take care of the infraction, the people at the station thought it was bullsh*t, and I got off the hook for only $10, when it should have ran me about $40 I think.

Onto the questions :p, I got my paint job done at earl schieb, it was a pro 4 kit, and I did the body work on my own. The pro 4 kit runs about $720, but I got a deal of $425 for it. I spent the rest of the insurance cash replacing my muffler, O2 sensor, cat converter, and clutch. I am not to too sure about the price for the rust removal, if its not bad, I say just do it yourself.

I wouldnt do paint for the life of me. I complain enough just doing the touch up paint for my car :p Plus here in L.A. it is easier, cheaper, and better to take it in to the shop than doing it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, prolly, but it's still very pretty and i want that paint code! :evillaugh soooo hawt!! especially cuz if i get my first mr2, it will also be red, so therefore, the red must go!! i was also thinking of going black with it, just because it used to be black [before the $hitty red paint job i mean] and not many mk1's are black. at least not that i've seen. that, and i thought a bit of sparkle into the black [or gunmetal grey] should set the car apart enough without going too ricey looking [sorry bout the crack, but i don't wanna be another fast and furious ricer-wanna-be].

·
Registered
95 Posts
:thumbup That is a really awesome color, I have wanted to see an mk1 that color. I think the way you went about the repairing it was pretty smart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts