MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As i turned 33 i became a bit frustrated - the Stis i had on my watchlist all were sold at that Weekend and the M3s were rubbish..no other cars in sight i had to do something..
i needed something special..and rare..something for my deuce (some of you might remember shiny gen4 built)

I was in contact with a seller about this Thing for about 1.5 years..what a coinsidence that my bud went for a ride and passed through the German/Netherland borderlands with his CLS and some room in the car for this part!

What can i say - Looks handcrafted by Gimli and polished by Elrond.
The welding seems to be perfect.The parts are incredible light and finished to a level of perfection that let me speechless :p

Will post Weight and Fittment soon!My buds also work on the Translation of all the paperwork that came with it.

http://www.ganador.co.jp/products/vertex/gd-732.html

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nice exhaust! Super rare! I have this same exhaust in titanium. Is yours titanium or stainless? I think they made it in both materials if I'm not mistaken. I'm jealous of yours though as mine is not as good of shape as yours . I got mine used and off of a car with an accident for a bargain so mine needs some repairs before it goes on my car unfortunately. Nonetheless I couldn't be happier to be one of very few to have this exhaust. Mind posting a sound clip of this exhaust once you put it on? I'm so curious what mine will sound like once I fix it and mount it.

Also, I'm sure this is a long shot but any chance you would know where I can get another one of those springs that are mounted at the flange for this exhaust? I'm missing one out of the four that came with it.

As for the flex joint issue, my downpipe has a flex joint in it just before the flange to where this exhaust mounts to so that isn't an issue for me. Perhaps you should think about putting in a flex joint in your downpipe just before this exhaust to limit the possibility of your exhaust cracking anywhere if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Shadow,
Then youre one of the glad People to own this Thing.As you say ist pretty rare as there werent many shipped outside Japan.
I contacted Ganador and Jasma (Japan Automotive Sports MufflerAssociation) and both wont reply at least not on english.
Also the titanium exhaust isnt produced no more at their store thats what Google translate says on their site.
I guess if you ask them and get ahold of them you might get such springs over ganador itself.Try to talk to them over email on:
irlf"ad"ganador.co.jp
other then that you have to track down something similar.
Ot Google for exhaust springs to come up with pretty much what we have ->
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/21347/i/moose-racing-exhaust-springs
Iam sory i cant help you further here.

the Version i have is from titanium - but iam not so sure about the last part of the Flex-section.it Looks like Stainless and different then the rest of the material which is a Kind of goldbrown matte finish.

i cant tell for the Sound yet.But if you hack MR2 ganador on YouTube you get a soundlink.(White deuce) if you click on the users Name you see hes a sportfisher haha - but he also has 2 or 3 driving Videos thought the mountains of Japan.sad Thing is the Quality isnt that good + ist in car - so pretty hard to judge.
But if i hear his idle Video i hardly can tell a difference to my BERK so i guess it will Sound similar.
Regarding it is made from much much thinner material + Titanium i would even say it will Sound crispier and lighter/screamier then the deep bollering Sound of my BERK (i love the BERK Sound so much!)
I hope iam ok with it - because honestly if it sounds like a Honda s2000 - this Thing will be removed again.The BERk makes clear you got power on bord without sounding cheap.you know what i mean?

to the Flex section.I tried to move it by Hand - but it seems impossible.Will try to move it with a vise - i guess when i rebuilt that cheap Prime Performance/Berk Downpipe i will build in a Flex section too just for the safty?I dont know if it is necessary as i have TRD engine Mounts?That Thing cracking would be bad..and i saw some Titanium ganador Images of cracked exhausts for the Nissan GTRs.(Google it) - but there you cant tell how they were beaten.

Good luck with your repair and the springs!

PS. if you have time use Google translate on this site
http://www.ganador.co.jp/technology/index.html ist very interessting to read about the manufactureing.The Flex section is also explained!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
These things are incredibly light..and expensive! haha

Tomei are one of the only companies that I have seen that is able to sell titanium exhausts for cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts