MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
lol yea he is supposed to mail that, car is ready for it to show up.hope he got it put yesterday. if not i will have to try tricking the transponder ecu into learning a new key.

although i think it needs the keyless remote input which i dont have wired up

·
Registered
65 Posts
also

1. Start with the following conditions: You are in the drivers seat-
a. Key is out of the ignition
b. Driver door is open (all other doors closed)
c. Driver door is unlocked (other doors don't matter)
2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition twice within 5 seconds
3. Close and open the drivers door twice within 40 seconds
4. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.
5. Close and open the drivers door twice within 40 seconds
6. Insert the key into the ignition
7. Close the door
8. Turn the key in the ignition on and then off.
9. Remove the key from the ignition
10. The power locks should automatically cycle once to indicate that you have successfully entered program mode.
11. Within 40 seconds of the entering program mode:
a. Press both transmitter lock and unlock buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY for a duration of from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
b. Within 3 seconds, press the transmitter lock button for more than 1 second and release.
c. If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will automatically cycle once. If they cycle twice, the remote has not been accepted.
d. If multiple remotes are to be programmed, repeat steps A-C
12. Open drivers door

for the door open and key out and key on positions, could I similate that by applying 12v to the correct pins on the transponder key ECU?
That procedure I believe is for programming the keyless entry. All that is controlled by the body control module and the keyless entry ECU.
If I recall correctly, the immobilizer ECU and transponder antenna are wired directly to the engine ECM. Those I don't know of any easy way to reprogram short of getting a new transponder ecu and keys to program with techstream. We don't deal with lost keys that often.

However if you can get that chip in your key to work with the antenna and power on your car, you can be able to add other keys that, say, fit your ignition cylinder, and fit the antenna ring around it. Almost like factory. You'd need techstream, of course. For this, 6strngs might be able to help you out there. I'd do it if you lived nearby.

Oh. Remember to fabricobble up a rudimentary CAN system so you may be able to operate techstream on the DLC3 port. Something something 120 ohm resister. I'd need to research it. Again, talk to 6strngs. He sounds more knowledgeable than I am.

Good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
ITS ALIVE

the car runs, drove it around the block with the pedal in my hands lmao

still need a bit of work before its 100% and ready to dailyyy

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I rewired the pedal plug for the avalon pedal I have mounted, and it works great

I didnt put the axles in all the way, drove down the road today and snapped the drivers side axle

so I will buy another axle and get that piece out and get it back on the road

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

cleaning things up a bit, the car is fun to drive and actually slides a bit in the corners if I am not careful

although either I broke the passenger axle or it slipped out (been having trouble getting the axle in) then I couldnt get it out, will be buying a new one next weekend and go at it and hopefully it will go in easilyish

I need to get the EVAP canister all the way hooked up, MR2 charcoal canister has much smaller holes on it, while the tC has like half inch, I dont know how thats going to work..

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Perpare yourself for the low end torque these motors produce. I can barely keep my wife's Camry from spinning the tires , especially when it rains. Should be a giggle!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Perpare yourself for the low end torque these motors produce. I can barely keep my wife's Camry from spinning the tires , especially when it rains. Should be a giggle!
yeah the car loves to slide and doing a burnout is so much easier than it ever was in my old 5SFE lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this question is about 10 years after the build, but how well do you think this build would fit into an MK1 with the C52 trans? Or an equivalent manual trans(if the C52 is a manual I apologize for my dumbness, I've had my car for several years but had been working on other projects and only just started looking into motor swaps for my MR2)

61 - 73 of 73 Posts