MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her back on the road 2 days ago, had a good day of driving, then caught a stone to the windshield and had to schedule glass replacement for next week. Fine, c'est la vie. Then at ~noon today, pulled up to a red, light turned green, and she wouldn't go into any gear. Then the pedal went hard. Since the car sat all winter (then 2 months at a mechanics), i'm going to go with "clutch fork guide went to corroded hell again," as this was an issue last year requiring silicone lube to fix, applied with a turkey baster contraption one would expect to see on Archer or the like. Not a permanent fix, and she's getting tracked this year, so i need reliable power delivery and disconnect (a not-disengaging clutch could be very painful on-track), oh, and i've put 45K on the clutch(es?) myself, with a few by the prior owner, so it's also probably just time.

Given the current madhouse with getting parts, does anyone know a dealer with comparable modern multi-plate solutions in stock or what products i should be looking for?
Secondly are there any differences in clutches for the JDM swapped gen3 cars? IIRC they all used the same transmission, but no idea if they have the same clutch kits.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Same clutches for all MR2 E153s. If you're staying twin disk I think clutch masters and competition are the ones most use. I have no experience with twin disk clutches, I would like to try one out, high RPM shifting isn't great on my car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion, found a few places, hopefully have one here in a few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts