MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

---------

Read This Thoroughly If Interested in Joining this Group Buy, Please.

www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb10 The first 6 clips have already been posted! A 98 Gen5 and a Beams are up for grabs! Get first dibs!!!

MR2 Warehouse Facebook Page

I will now bring the swap to you and install it at your location, anywhere in the United States!!!
See below!

I will let THREE and ONLY THREE of these clips go WITHOUT an install for an additional $500 "importation fee". Two of these three slots have already been filled!

I've taken this MR2 business on the road!. ROAD TRIP #1 was a huge success and I had a blast and am about to leave on #2 for GB9. Here's your chance to get first dibs. and remember, gen2s are scarce! so if you want one, you need to sign up ASAP so i can order whatever amount that i need!

My supplier can get me another 20 foot container of 24 clips as fast as we can get 75% of the 24 slots filled!

in case you missed it last time, here's my idea....

I am importing another 20 foot container, 24 clips, just like GB#9.

I will still have the containers delivered to my current address, but no longer rent out my warehouse. I will instead unload the containers here in the parking lot like i do anyway, and then put the clips in the 40' foot storage containers i already have at the same property.

For local customers in the following states, I will ask that you still bring your car to me if at all possible, as I have a small personal garage that I can still do swaps in locally. PA, NJ, NY, RI, MA, VT, NH, DE, DC, WV, and VA. But here's where it gets interesting...

I have had a lot of customers from OH to CA, and from NC to FL, and everywhere in between, and I have a lot of inquiries from further away but it was just too expensive to get your car to me. I am now willing to load up my trailer with 7 clips at a time, all of my tools, engine hoist and palet jack and bring the clip to you for installation! We can use your garage, driveway, a friends garage, whatever is available. For example, I had customers in GB#8 in PA, OH, MO, NV, CA, MS & FL. I completed an 8 thousand mile road trip, completing all 7 swaps in 6 weeks. So say i have a similar situation on this group buy... so long as the customer has a place for me to do the swap , I can put 7 clips in my trailer and go on a road trip. I stop in NC, pull out a clip and all my tools and do Customer #1's swap at his house (putting me up for a few nights would be appreciated! - if not, I'll hotel it or something), you buy me pizza and gatorade/water on top of the install fee and delivery fee, and we are good. then i roll down to TN/KY and take care of customer #2, etc... then #3 in FL, #4 & #5 then return back to Souderton to pick up 7 more clips and maybe head west?

IT WAS crazy... but I am down with traveling... and still making your guys' mr2s faster/lower mileage.

So lets compare the advantages/disadvantages and the costs to you and myself....

Old way of doing swaps for you far out of state customers:

You had to wait up to a year for me to import a container because I was not getting sign ups fast enough. Then you had to find a way to transport your car to me, yourself back home, then back to me and get your car back to your home state. for far out of state customers, this can be a big deal and expensive. if you are local, not much changes because this hasnt been and wont be a problem. If you are far enough away, you really didnt even have the option to use my services... I know ive had a lot of people tell me they wish they could but cant... AZ, CA, CO, etc, etc. even states closer than that.

Old way of doing swaps for ME:

High Overhead, lots of waiting because of slow sign ups = stress.

NEW way of doing swaps for you far out of state customers:

Waiting time decreases... as sign ups have been much much faster. I will even suck it up and sell some without installs (just ship them) if i need to, to stay on schedule. You won't have to go through the trouble of getting your car to me, yourself back home, back to me and the car back home (adds up to more than it will cost you to have me come to you, im sure... more on that in a minute). While the wait time on install may be longer because I have to do so much traveling to get to everyone, it is made up by reducing the wait on the container being imported, and the time for the actual install because I can do it at your home in 2 days comfortably (feel free to lend a hand).

NEW way of doing swaps for ME:

Less overhead, more traveling... less stress.. not tied down to one location aka Traveling i like this idea... and i think you guys will too... i dont see a downside.

Pricing:

The base prices will remain the same as GB8 for now, Gen2s being $2750 and Gen3s being $3750.

Install rate will have to remain the same to cover the little overhead i will have, but mostly the expense of traveling with my SUV and Trailer (wear and tear), hotel rooms on the way, etc.

The best news of all... is the delivery charge... i expect it to be far less than what it was costing you far out of state customers to get your cars to me. plane tickets/gas on 1 vehicle, or gas on 2 vehicles for drop off/pick ups add up, and especially when customers use car carriers both ways like ive had recently (and i dont get to meet my customers this way! = no good). With some quick math, im figuring between $250-750 for me to come to you anywhere on the east coast to mid west since ill be doing 5 cars at a time. Past kansas to CA maybe $750-1500... still half of what it would cost to transport your car both ways.

again, i dont see a downside to this. you guys are spending the same or LESS money than before, and my expenses are lowered enough for me to keep me being ABLE to do this for you guys.

I know ive said it before, but this WILL BE MY last container/tour of installations. The business is now back up for sale using this idea, or my old way of doing local installs, or a combination of the two. interested parties may contact me, as it may be possible to even agree on a price/conditions to take over this group buy, making it even more attractive.

Let the signing up begin!

Dave
610 597 ???? GB10 Members Only, start with e-mail please!
[email protected]

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The List! - www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb10

Check out www.MR2Warehouse.com, www.MR2Warehouse.com/clips.htm and www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb9 for much more information!

www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb10
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-MR2-Warehouse/113936415300119 GB8 Traveling Install Photos! Must See!

Gen2 Turbo Complete Rear Clip w/ LSD: $2,750+
225 HP, usually 30-50K miles
Includes uncut harnesses and clusters!
(does not include tail lights or wings)

Gen3 Turbo Complete Rear Clip w/ LSD: $3,750+
245 HP, usually 20-40k miles
Includes uncut harnesses and clusters!
(does not include tail lights or wings)

Installation: $1500

Delivery Charge: $250-$750 east/midwest, $750-$1,500 west coast.

Parts usually range $750-900 for clutch, fw, tune up, fluids, fuel pump, speedo, etc...

so gen2 guys are looking at $5k plus delivery charge, and gen3s are looking at $6k plus delivery charge... exactly the same you guys were spending with me already, but lowering your costs and hassle of getting your cars to me!!!

and, I GET TO TRAVEL

Gen3/4/5 List:
1. Adam K. of FL - Gen3 #? - PAID
2. Neil of IL - Gen3 #? - PAID
3. Adam of OK - Gen3 #? - PAID (without install)
4. Mike of WA - Gen3 #? - PAID

Gen2 List:

1. Mike S. of PA - Gen2 #? - PAID (without install)

Beams List:

Local Install List:

TRAVELING INSTALL LIST / Location:

Big Trip:

This is going to be the hardest part. Clip selection will remain 1st come 1st choice, as usual... however the install list is going to have to obviously be coordinated based on the location of my customers, but first come first serve will also be taken into consideration.

Like i said, CALL ME THE TRAVELING MECHANIC! MR2 MECHANIC THAT IS!

Thanks guys,

Crazy Dave
610 597 ???? GB9 Members Only
please start with e-mail
[email protected]

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Merry Christmas!

I will include Timing Belt and Water Pumps With Install for no extra charge on any sign up where payment is received between now and christmas eve! thats a $300 value :) Merry Christmas!

Seems to be working fine? www.MR2Warehouse.com which currently forwards to the gb9 page. you can change it to gb10 to see whats coming on this container so far. www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb10

[email protected]

Dave

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
MR.2000GT said:
I will include Timing Belt and Water Pumps With Install for no extra charge on any sign up where payment is received between now and christmas eve! thats a $300 value :) Merry Christmas!

Seems to be working fine? www.MR2Warehouse.com which currently forwards to the gb9 page. you can change it to gb10 to see whats coming on this container so far. www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb10

[email protected]

Dave
website works fine for me

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bringing this back up because I had to Google search your shop and then found the original URL instead of the forwarding one (DNS servers in this country are terrible).

Posted in your GB9 thread, but I'll repost here:

I'm taking my mid-tour leave back to NJ/PA this March. Are you going to be around and have a Gen3 clip available?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Dave was scheduled to move to Florida at the end of the 2011. Does anyone know if that happened?

Thanks

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Officially Underway! - Added 3 more clips, and a promotion!

www.MR2Warehouse.com/gb10

added three more Gen3s, a few of which are low mileage.

Now that the holidays are behind us, clips are flowing back in to my supplier's warehouse. I am willing to give the NEXT PERSON to sign up, half off the install!

Who's gonna be the one to save $750?

E-mail me! [email protected]

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
This might be a silly question, but what is required to make these street legal in PA? My MR2 is my daily commuter in the summer, but is in need of some work.. I'm eyeing up the gen4 clip. I'm also in the sellersville area. Literally.

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nickleyw: you've got a PM

kheller2: these will pass emissions/safety inspection no problem, as far as all the tests and numbers ago. the only thing that may cause an issue is the visual check for an EGR... which most mechanics wont even notice is missing/knows what it looks like on an mr2.

after_the_last: you've got a PM

mas

1 - 20 of 42 Posts