MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No it is not about me :)

Look it over. Is it clear? Should I add anything?

I just spent the last 3 hours researching studs. lol.. ya. okay.

610-266 is what is recommended for the MR2.

I am going to get the 610-387
Thread M12-1.5
Knurl Dia. 14.55mm
Length 49mm
Shoulder 11.5mm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Did you get the ones you said you were getting yet? I need longer studs because my wheels have a thick center. I think I could use a little longer than 49mm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what's wrong with just going to the local parts store and buying them? that's what i've always done. and when it comes to installing them i just go straight up caveman and beat it in. I haven't had any problems yet.
Does the MR2 even produce enough torque for specific wheel studs to be necessary?

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
judaspriest517 said:
what's wrong with just going to the local parts store and buying them? that's what i've always done. and when it comes to installing them i just go straight up caveman and beat it in. I haven't had any problems yet.
Does the MR2 even produce enough torque for specific wheel studs to be necessary?
Its not about the stock studs being weak, its about them being too short for alot of wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that's cool.
I just picked up a set of the original triangle wheels. the previous owner painted them gold, put new (but cheap) futura tires on 2 and new Le Mans (not sure of their quality), and ran 1 track event on them. then sold them to me for $110, not bad in my opinion.

·
Registered
166 Posts
judaspriest517 said:
that's cool.
I just picked up a set of the original triangle wheels. the previous owner painted them gold, put new (but cheap) futura tires on 2 and new Le Mans (not sure of their quality), and ran 1 track event on them. then sold them to me for $110, not bad in my opinion.
hey judas,

first of all, congrats on an awesome name. i support the priest on the back of my two.

second of all, are you from/around douglasville carrolton area? cause i'm pretty sure you got that set of wheels from a girl named lea anne that drives a maroon miata. i live in douglasville, wondering if maybe i knew you or something.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Yccsama said:
90942-02052 Worked Perfectly for me.

About 0.8-1CM longer ( good enough to turn your "3 teeth" into "6-7 teeth" )

Yes, this is the same stud as rear 4 Runner studs and Tacoma studs. If you want to save money, buy the Dormans from your local autoparts store, 610-312 (or 610-312.1 with their new number system). Autozone sells them individually for $1.29, might have to go to several stores to get 16 of them.

They worked very well; went from having just over two turns on my OEM studs to about 6 full turns. I had changed to an aftermarket wheel that was thicker, Sport Edition brand.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just love reading things like this...

First off, thanks for a good laugh. Secondly, just for your info they do make a tool you can use to install those. Ask them at your autoparts to see if they sell one. Just thought I let you know. Much better than beating it caveman style. Others may disagree here. :smile:

judaspriest517 said:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts