MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the time has come for me to move on from this car, and I thought I would give locals a shot at this first if anyone is interested. I have had it for 13 years and bought it with 58,000 miles. This is my second MR2, and was purchased from PatrickG, the old mod from this board for those that have been around long enough to remember. I started acquiring V6 swap parts a couple of years ago, but 2 jobs means I just don't have the time to work on this car anymore. The car is a 5-speed black 1992 N/A T-Top, no ABS or power steering. Does have power windows, locks, mirrors and cruise control. The body is straight on it, with a few small door dings. front marker delete, 93 front lip. No rust. 128,xxx miles.

Engine is stock. Has modified stock airbox for a little extra sound. Timing belt, water pump and idlers done at 80,000. Leaks oil into spark plug wells. Blue smoke on startup if it has been sitting a while. Drives fine. Original clutch. Replaced A/C compressor this summer, air is cold.

Suspension was updated at 90,000 miles. RSR springs and Koni Yellows on 93 strut base, TRD sway bars with body reinforcement plates. New ball joints and strut boots at all 4 corners. 93+ rear crossmember.

Brakes replaced at 124,000 miles. 93+ turbo rebuilt calipers and rotors at all 4 corners. Stainless brake lines. Replaced parking brake cables. Calipers painted with gold G2 2-part epoxy paint. Also replaced outer tie rods at this time and had alignment done. 93 turbo front hubs.

Interior is in good shape. 93 shifter with RSe drop plate. Medpilot carbon fiber and aluminum shifter surround, with bare aluminum shift knob. Car has stainless door sills. Door speakers and sub replaced. Pioneer head unit. A/C button replaced. Doors and passenger tub lined with MLV. Seats have no tears. Ashtray lid has broken off of the ashtray, but is one piece and stays in place. No CD storage box. T-Tops have off-center eccentrics and do not leak, but have in the past. T-Top shades and bags are with the car. Clutch pedal cover is missing.

Overall the car drives pretty well. There are a few creaks befitting a 26 year old car, but it handles fun and goes fine. Front tires are new, but need to be re-balanced, rear tires are older but have plenty of tread. 195/55/15F, 225/50/16R. This car has been garaged for all but 2 years that I have owned it. When the car was aligned after replacing the front tie rods, the front tires rub the fender liner and sway bar at full lock.

V6 parts list:
1MZFE bought from DaveMush on this board. It came out of his MR2, so most of the hard stuff is done. Here is the thread for the original sale thread:
https://www.mr2oc.com/188-v6-mr2-forum/645746-complete-1mz-v6-pnp-drow-swap-sale.html
I have a 93 E153 with LSD that is currently having it's second gear synchros replaced with the updated syncros, along with the throwout bearing and axle seals. Comes with LSD axles and rear hubs. I bought the same FPR that Dave used. Brand new turbo fuel pump. The only thing I think left needed for the swap is turbo shift cables, and A/C if you want it. Engine is set up without.

Other miscellaneous parts:
94+ wing in black
set of 3 piece Speedline wheels. 16x8 fronts, 17x9 rears. F40 style.
Ebay Fog light kit. I held these up next to some factory fogs and they are identical. Wiring is not :)
New door window trim, each side
93+ brake booster/proportioning valve/ABS parts
New interior door handle cups
93+ cluster if you want to use the electronic speedo with the 93 transmission, but not necessary

I am sure there is more small stuff than I am forgetting. I have done a lot of work trying to work out wind noise and rattles inside. The tach does not show 100% when it is cold outside, I assume this is due to a worn out part in the cluster. The speedometer has always worked though, and mileage is accurate. I'll post pictures this weekend if anyone is interested. Please email me or post here with questions. I would like to sell everything at once if possible, and am willing to make a package deal on it. Title is clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for $7K for everything. If you need any pictures of anything specific, please ask.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts