MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I cant get the stock end links off with everything bolted in, it's hitting the chassis on the strut housing attachment.

Anyway, that sucks. The clunking is annoying and has me wanting to just disconnect but Im not sure that would be good either.

Have a track day, my first, scheduled in 2 weeks, Im very excited about that!
You should be able to worm it out if you take the rear tie rod loose. The moog ones have even less room.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
You should be able to worm it out if you take the rear tie rod loose. The moog ones have even less room.
Pardon my ignorance, and not looking at it currently, but how would that help? Im trying to picture it and not doing a good job at it.
Yes, the MOOG ones are beefy as heck, much thicker than the stock units

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Replaced 7 of the 9 barrel style capacitors on the circuit board for the cruise control. After replacing 5 I took it for a quick drive to see, and it was working.
I then replaced two more before I called it a night and packed it all up/reinstalled. I am going to northern Virginia today and wanted cruise for it.

Also, yesterday, got my r12 'drained' and replaced with r134 (along with the different oil and seal etc)
So I got good AC now. Before it just barely worked.

So two things that no one will see, but makes a big difference in driveability.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How much of the AC system did you switch out? I would like to convert over eventually also. I have a condenser on order but they're saying its out of stock and they don't know when it will ship. 1/4 of the fins on mine are flat probably. Mine does still work but it's not 100%.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
It costs me 60 to get it done
It felt great, actually got TOO cold at times on a trip to Virginia this weekend

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Not a lot on this end righit now, it's a weekend car sometimes. I dont drive a lot, but it's just nice to get in and go.

One small update to really post about:

redstitched wheel

61 - 66 of 66 Posts