MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am having a weird squeal noise coming from BOV/turbo area when I initially start car up and when I rev to around 2k. After 3k it goes away. I can for sure say it is not pulleys and belts because I had toyota change all of them and noise is nowhere near them. It's definitely from middle top area. I changed oil because I was scared it was something bad but oil came out great with zero sparkles. And I did compression check which came out 160 across all 4. If you guys have any ideas it would be great! Link to noise on 1993 mr2 completely stock 2nd gen 3sgte

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you keep the rev at 2000, does this noise stay on until let go?
Yes it will keep the noise at 2000. Finally today I dove further into it and shiver was 100% correct it's a exhaust leak. I checked all the bolts and 3 on side where noise is happening were loose. So I tightened them and noise is definitely quieter but still there. Im assuming I need to remove manifold to get it machined flat. I'm looking for exhaust gasket to buy but I have a 1993 model (U.S) I'm confused to which gasket I need cause online people sell the gasket as 1991-1995

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes it will keep the noise at 2000. Finally today I dove further into it and shiver was 100% correct it's a exhaust leak. I checked all the bolts and 3 on side where noise is happening were loose. So I tightened them and noise is definitely quieter but still there. Im assuming I need to remove manifold to get it machined flat. I'm looking for exhaust gasket to buy but I have a 1993 model (U.S) I'm confused to which gasket I need cause online people sell the gasket as 1991-1995
You can use that gasket. All US models are the same iirc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts