MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get the MR2 repair manuals. I have found the "1991 TOYOTA MR2 Service Shop Repair Manual Set 2 books " which is what I need. Most of they are pricey but I do know I need it.

I did find a set of the 93 service shop manual and would like to know if there is going to be big differences between the years engine wise. Also I have a gen2 jdm 3s-gte will this manual be the right one for this engine and other features?

Your feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do know there is a free PDF of these books available right? People used to sell these decently priced here on the forum but I agree the ones on eBay are outrageous.

teq.org: MK1 AND MK2 BGB/EPC MANUALS
Thanks I found a few links looking around and none seemed to work this one did so I downloaded both 91 and 93 manuals. With my motor which is better the 91 or 93? For everything else the 91 since mine is a 91.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I don't know what to tell you about that, 91 and 93 had generally the same engine but the electronic connectors are different. Your engine would be closest to a 91 engine going by the throttle body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the 1988 repair manual is compatible with an 87? I just bought one and want to repair as much as possible on my own, but I'm having a hard time finding the manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know if the 1988 repair manual is compatible with an 87? I just bought one and want to repair as much as possible on my own, but I'm having a hard time finding the manual.
Hard for any of us to say, this forum is for 1990 to 1999 MR2s. I suspect the answer is yes though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts