MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello MR2 enthusiasts,
I'm looking for someone in the Atlanta area that is really into MR2's.

I'm the 2nd owner of a red 1994 MR2 turbo, that I'm thinking about selling.
I would really appreciate some help in pricing the car.

I bought the car 17 years ago from a friend/co-worker.
At that time it had approx 68k miles on it, and it just had a clutch kit installed.
Currently it has 97k.
Aside from aftermarket wheels and window tint, the car is stock.
I just had the timing belt, water pump, spark plugs/wires and a few other general maintenance items done, which was a bit more pricey than I expected.
Less than 5k miles ago I had the brakes done, new rotors/pads.
And I replaced the rear subwoofer speakers, because they had dry rotted due to age.
AC and heat work well.
I have the original wheels.

Overall the car is in relatively decent shape.
The original owner did expose the car to the sun some, so the paint is faded a bit, but it's not too bad.
The entire time I've owned the car, it has always been parked in a garage.

My question is: What is this car "actually" worth ?
I know NADA or KBB are not really a good source to price a car like this, or a car that is 27 years old.
Like any car of this type/age, I see them posted for far more than book. And of course some of those cars have been restored, or modded heavily, etc.
And, I see cars that are in rough condition that are priced at book, or even higher.

I obviously don't drive this car much at all, and I could really use the garage space.
However, since I'm not an MR2 guru, I'm not sure where to price this car.
This is why I'm looking for the MR2 guys in Atlanta, so I could hopefully get some advice on pricing.
Perhaps meet in person, and have the car looked at, as to better ascertain a fair selling price.

So if you are in the ATL area, and you are really into MR2's, or you happen to know someone with a lot of knowledge about the market value of 1994 MR2 Turbo, please let me know.

Thank You.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
BAT could be your friend.
Got a cousin down there, I will be down to see him this summer, might drive my 91 Turbo down (been down a few times before in a 2).
pics of said car?

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,181 Posts
Stock 94/95 turbos command a premium in the collector market. At 100k miles, the car isn't an uber low mileage example, but still low enough. Depending on the overall condition I'd say the car could go for anywhere from $16k - $25k on an online auction site like BaT. Lots of variability in auctions... But, to hit the upper end of that estimate, the car would have to be highly detailed from top to bottom and the paint would need to present very well. Have the factory rims re-installed if possible. Does the car have cloth or leather interior?

Since the MK2 turbo non-metallic paints are not clear-coated, it's possible for a professional detailer to do wonders with the paint, so it'd be money well spent before showing the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Todd,

I live in Chattanooga area, looking for a local MKII Turbo for a few months now. You should price yours at $1,000 and sell it to me.

JK, obviously...

Chuck

·
Registered
1991 NA with t-tops and manual steering
9 Posts
I'd 3rd BaT or check out Doug Demuro's Cars And Bids. There has been a few MR2s sold there in the past few months. Also, pics for us to admire?

·
Registered
1991 NA with t-tops and manual steering
9 Posts
What aftermarket wheels you have? I'm in Atlanta as well and in the market for some 17s if you decide to put the stock wheels back on for the sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the market for a turbo mr2. Had 2 N/A’s back in high school. Post some pics or get in touch, I’d be happy to swing through Atlanta on my way back across country and take a look. I have an empty covered trailer that I may be interested in not driving it back empty from Florida back to Wisconsin. I’m sure everyone here would be interested in seeing pics as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To all of you that have provided feedback...Thank You !!

I just started a new job, so I've been focused on the new hire orientation.
I'll try to get some pics of the car posted soon.

BTW - it has tan/black leather interior.
It has never been smoked in.

Please stay tuned for pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts