MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While taking my 70 mile commute to work I saw a fellow mr2 owner in distress. The form of his distress was two Mississippi State Troopers cuffing him and reading him his rights if any! The two was sharp looking black Gen 2 I was wondering if it was somebody from the board. If so..I feel your pain.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know a black mr2 was sold sometime in the last 3 months near mandeville Louisiana. Interstate 59 is terrible when it comes to speeding. Its about a 40 mile stretch of ms interestate before you reach louisiana. The ms state police are very good at popping people who speed in that area. Ive got two tickets to prove it both with in that stretch of interstate. He was heading north.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Funny thing is i cant believe that that the person would be cuffed for speeding. Im thinking something else went down.

·
Duck Tape Level
1,331 Posts
Unless he was REALLY Speeding, like over 100 mph. Some areas might just cuff you and take you in for that.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
70 mile commute to work!??!!?!?

wow. I used to live 2 blocks from work. 5 minute commute on foot :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must be nice! Yes 70 miles one way. Depending on what day of the week you can actually see which trooper is on duty as you drive by. I live in mississippi and work in louisiana. Hopefully well be moving to mandeville for good. So no more interstate and 600 bucks gas a month!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
No black MR2 in my stable, but this might be an opportunity. I don't think MS has a mandatory arrest law for speeding alone, I think it must have been some other offense involved. And if whoever it was happened to have any illegal mind-altering substance's with him, the car would be confiscated by the state and possibly sold at auction. Brad, there'a a MHP office over there not too far from you. You ought to snuggle up to one of the clerks and get the poop on this.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I've seen several people pulled over and cuffed for excessive speeding. I was driving home from work (Gonzales back to Baton Rouge) on I-10 two weeks ago and saw a 2005 c6 corvette fly past me going at least 150+, then about a half mile up the road saw one of the LA State Trooper z28 persuit cars tear ass after him. About a mile down i saw the guy leaning against the camaro getting cuffed. He was grinning so big, haha.

You Louisiana and South Mississippi guys should come down for a meet sometime. Me and Brenton (Btone) are trying to get something together :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Not sure what the laws are in LA regarding speeding. He may have been atempting to "evade arrest" or have stolen the 'vette'. Who knows.
Always happy for a get together. We'll have to picka time and place and I'll pack a lunch and pick a car. I know we can count on Brad.

·
Registered
299 Posts
In LA going more than 25mph over limit can get you arrested at officer's discretion. These are the times you save the good excuses for.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I *always* have a good excuse. Sometimes not good enough to avoid a speeding ticket. :angel: But never reckless driving, which in most states can be as little as 15 mph over the posted limit. Speed limits which are usually decided by politicians who have no training in traffic control or psychology.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
No, that was far from the last one. :banghead: Although with the techical errors on that ticket and several heartfelt letters to the court, the judge held the case open t and invited me to come present my case in person if I wanted. I paid the $35 court cost in lieu of traveling to Virginia and cooling my heels under continuance. :banana:
All in all.much better than the original 75 in a 55 and it made Valentine volume an integral part of the pre-takeoff checklist.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts