MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work I saw a red MR2 on fire on 880. :boom: The fire truck was not even there yet, only one CHP motorcycle. Looked like couple of young asian guys driving the car, and it looked lowered. Anyone on the board? Poor MR2 had at least 10 foot high flames

·
Registered
811 Posts
Damn! Whoever it was I hope they are okay. The car can be replaced.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Damn!!! are you ok man?? i hope you ok. poor deuce, but more importantly is if your are still koo. Update on how you doin man. good luck

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Hope all is well.

Peace-

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
for those who might think it's me, it's not...thx for asking tho, and hope whoever it was is ok..

·
Registered
396 Posts
that would be me.....my car is gone. i was on my way to berkeley ..and smoke started to come out. pulled over, and it just caught on fire. i watched my car burn before me. and i was helpless....words cannot describe what im going through right now...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Glad you walked away from it. Sorry about the car. Do you know what was the cause?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Dude... Im sorry you had that happen to you........ I was in the same shoes a while back. watching , helpless, I was able to use a 2lt bottle of mt. dew to put my fire out after using my hands, I would burn my hands before watching this car die..... mine started with the starter wire to battery. it took the whole harness out, battery almost got the fuel lines..... I used my hands to stop that!

Glad you are safe......

Everyone else, Check your fuel injector O-rings. The new gas out there eats rubber,,,

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
man , thats sucks .... Sorry for your loss. maybe from your experience I will be more cautious and carrry a fireextinguisher in my car just in case. Right now I carry a fix-aflat, a AAA 39peice road kit and a 4$ 40peice socket wrench for emergencies.

Btw will Sierra Mist work? or Dentyne Ice? it works in the commercials =)..

Thanks crazy btw.
Is your insurane covering it? or total loss?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Things like this shouldn't happen to good people but somehow those darn gremlins get in there. Man, you've learned so much from buildling that car. No regrets! I know a guy like you will come back stronger than before. Best wishes to you.

·
Registered
396 Posts
no..i have liability. they wont cover anything. its a total loss, everything burned up, my interior is gone also. and i dont know the cause of the fire either...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I couldnt even imagine and the 5sfte can be a job in itself. I couldnt imagine watching all those hours go up in smoke :( Glad to hear you are safe and sound.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts