MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 1993 MR2 N/A about a week ago. Original owner had it sitting under a pine tree.

Managed to jump it and drive it into the trailer. After a week of cleaning it out it did not start... I did not disconnect anything! :(

Bought a new battery, all lights work. As I put the key in and turn it, the only 2 lights that appear are the Oil and airbag lights (on dash). I hear a constant "weeeeeeeee" noise coming from under the hood. The noise is coming from the right of the battery. (See attached image)

A day after I turned the key, all the lights appeared (oil, engine, p/s, battery etc.) Car turned on perfectly. Let it run for a little. Maybe 5-10 mins.

Following day, turned the key, no lights besides oil and airbag...No crack, have no idea why it stopped working. Checked all fuses all good. Tried tapping the starter nothing... not sure what to do. Please help!

AF

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Check the fusible link wire, it’s the white wire with an eyelet terminal bolted directly on top of the starter positive cable on battery pos+ terminal.
This fusible link section of wire feeds branches to all the positive current powers all the fuses in car from that point

·
Registered
1991 NA
23 Posts
My NA has an immobilizer switch wired into the window lock button on the door... don't know if that is common or a mod by the previous owner. Maybe I just gave away my secret security haha. Maybe you have been activating it unknowingly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My NA has an immobilizer switch wired into the window lock button on the door... don't know if that is common or a mod by the previous owner. Maybe I just gave away my secret security haha. Maybe you have been activating it unknowingly?
I asked the original owner and he did not have an immobilizer switch. This weekend I need to check the ignition assembly. Hoping it is nothing major.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the fusible link wire, it’s the white wire with an eyelet terminal bolted directly on top of the starter positive cable on battery pos+ terminal.
This fusible link section of wire feeds branches to all the positive current powers all the fuses in car from that point
I will definitely look into that, considering cleaning or changing the terminals, maybe a bad contact? Or possible issue with the ignition assembly? Going to check it out this weekend.

AF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts