MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! I finally got my model today. It has the '91 style spoiler and tail lights. It was a lot cheaper to find a model with the '91 spoiler and lights than it was to really update my car to the '93 + to match my other model. Besides, my wife won't let me buy the round tail lights! :mad:

anybody else have a model with the '91 spoiler and tails? I might need to buy another one in case i mess up! :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a a plastic 1:24 scale model that you build. it took me months to find one of these! i gave up for a while but just happened to look on ebay again and someone had it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coo! did you have to mix paint to get that color? i'm lucky i guess. mine is just black! I have the Blitz rims for it to match my car also. i just have to make a Blitz exhaust to match somehow.....= )

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Conor makes some awesome models too. I remember seeing his gallery once. Like homemade body kits and everything. Hey conor! Post em man!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I customize modifiers to look like other peoples cars. these are 1/24th scale i believe, I also do regular size models. If you want me to make one look yours Email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
mr2hayai said:
coo! did you have to mix paint to get that color? i'm lucky i guess. mine is just black! I have the Blitz rims for it to match my car also. i just have to make a Blitz exhaust to match somehow.....= )
Well, the paint was pre-mixed, which caused it to come out darker than it should've (I would've rather have done the green base + the pearl overcoat, but I bought the paint from a guy on the board, so didn't get much of a choice). Still looked pretty cool tho.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Which models are you guys looking for. I've got a few MK Is, a lot of MK IIs, and a couple of MK IIIs. Mostly Fujimi, some Tamiya, Revell (yes Revell), and Testors/Tamiya. All are 1/24 and 1/25 scale. These kits are new some opened but never touched.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
mr2hayai said:
bob - do you have a MKII with the '91 spoiler and tails? i wouldn't mind having another one....
Hi, if you're referring to the band type taillight with the fake grill between them then I've located 2. Both are Fujimi's, one ( id 15) molded in white with 18" low profiles and separate drilled discs and calipers the other (id 40) molded in white with stock tires and rims. Both are curb models only and 1/24 scale.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'll have to check to see what the going rates are for them...Curb or Curbside models have no engines...Only the MK I Testor models had engines.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
For those that are interested, I have,

9 Testor/Fujimi MK Is with engines(error when I said Testor/Tamiya)
3 Fujimi MK Is Curb only
2 Revell MK Is with engine (Rare)
2 Fujimi MK IIIs Curb only
10 Fujimi MK IIs Curb only

1 - 20 of 56 Posts