MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Oh this could be interesting. Looking forward to seeing its progress.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
To add - a friend has an 80D (if I recall correctly, I dont know all their numbers and letters) and about two years ago we took a ride to Raleigh for a Hurricanes / Rangers game (LETS GO NYR!). As we were heading off we had a short stretch and he stopped and gave one good, quick (overall time/amount of space traveled) launch.
I was SHOCKED (yes, pun intended) at the torque that thing had and how quickly it went.
Ive been in some 4/500whp cars, and this pulled from a stop harder than those. And with zero traction issues.

Now, obviously the 2 wont have the AWD, but the instant torque would be really cool.

Curious about how much additional weight you'll be adding though

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I agree. I would weigh all the stock parts removed and weigh all of the Tesla parts to see how much of a gain/loss there is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING A Ludicrous MOTOR TO REPLACE THE REAR MOTOR ? WHAT PROBLEMS WILL I COME ACROSS

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
HI I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING A Ludicrous MOTOR TO REPLACE THE REAR MOTOR ? WHAT PROBLEMS WILL I COME ACROSS
Why the CAPITALS? Very hard to read.

No one has ever put a TESLA motor into an MR2 before. There will be no information on how to do it. You'll need to come up with all the solutions yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why the CAPITALS? Very hard to read.

No one has ever put a TESLA motor into an MR2 before. There will be no information on how to do it. You'll need to come up with all the solutions yourself.
HI YES BUILT MINI CLASSIC WITH 2 R1 ENGINES IN .HONDA CIVIC 2 X B18 TURBO ENGINES IN AWD . AND A RELIANT KITTIN WITH K20 TURBO IN ,STILL HAVE THIS ONE . AND LAST ONE WAS RELIANT ROBBIN WITH R1 IN ALL ON YOU TUBE
THIS I A TWIN 50CC PETROL ENGINES :devilish:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well have tesla p85 now had to get it from usa .stripped out now just starting to cut mr2 .will send some photos up soon :):)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts