MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this drastically improve my overall performance for the money? Wouldn’t it be cheaper if DIY With metal from Home Depot?
4501A15F-CD5F-477F-8DB6-3B141F397A37.png

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure why they're listed so high on MR2enthusiast, but the brand new MR2heaven part is literally $65 right now (normally $70)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems like a fat finger on the price, they're good people and wouldn't overcharge on really anything

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Mr2enthusist and MR2heaven are the same company.
they are crooks and scammers. For many years prior to opening their online business. They would buy almost all and any mr2s they can get ahold of with intentions to horde MR2 parts and later sell the parts with ridiculous outrageous prices. the owner of this company asked me through email to let him borrow my Phoenix power body kit so that he can make China made replicas and sell it. I told him that what he is doing is not right and defacing the Phoenix powers hard work and homegrown roots and it’s company and product.

many of you think he is doing the mr2 community a big favor by providing mr2 products but he is doing this in a sneaky and distasteful and disrespectful way.

good example...I was looking for an mr2 project here in the Bay Area. I found a nice 1991 turbo mr2 with descent miles and a lot of aftermarket mods. The owners wanted a fair price.
so I went and saw the mr2 and I really liked it and we agreed on a price And shook on it. Then the next day the owner of the mr2 said a guy came over and offered him a higher offer. The owner sold it to him from under me.i asked who he sold he MR2 to and it was the owner of mr2 heaven. About 1-2 months later I see all the aftermarket parts that was on the mr2 I was going to buy on Craigslist. The guy from mr2heaven stripped the entire MR2 of its aftermarket parts and was selling it o Craigslist. From rims, Exhaust, bov, turbo timer, body kit, steering wheel, intercooler, Kouki tail lights, etc. I knew all the parts were from the mr2 I wanted to buy.

pretty sad excuse for a human to strip a perfectly good MR2 merely for profit.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Alex - honestly on that last example that lies purely on the seller - HE made a deal with you and then went behind your back.

We can debate his business model, Ive seen similar arguments on Buell motorcycle boards, but, much like us and Buell - we're talking about 30 year old vehicles with low production numbers and people need stuff. It DOES help people out, I know Ive gotten things from him before.
Stripping one might keep 10 more on the road.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm fairly certain I bought their last used pair from that exact picture shown in OP. I bought them and immediately the price was raised to $998 likely to dissuade another purchase before they have another used set in stock. They were not available brand new at the time of me purchasing the used ones.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm fairly certain I bought their last used pair from that exact picture shown in OP. I bought them and immediately the price was raised to $998 likely to dissuade another purchase before they have another used set in stock. They were not available brand new at the time of me purchasing the used ones.
How much was the price?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve justbreplaced my throttle cable from MR2 Heaven. I got theirs”Holy Grail” cable and it’s amazing with the throttle response. Since I’m keeping my cruise control, i also got the cable from linkage to throttle body. I have no complaint with them. Cool people and they responded to my email very quick even after hour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts