MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where to put this or if anyone already posted, so if anyone wants to move it to the appropriate forum go right ahead.

Been looking for a MR2 for a few months and a 91 turbo with low miles popped up for a LOW price of 1905. Responded and got 2 automated response emails saying:

First Email:
First of all,
please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail if you don't have the full amount ($1900),
or if you don't intend to be serious.

I'm from Cincinnati, OH, craigslist ad was posted nationwide this is why it appeared in your city.
This is the second time when I try to sell this car, 1st time I tried Autotrader.
Because all time I use only 100% safe methods, I sent the car through Autotrader to a buyer from Texas.
He lost his job and was unable to complete our transaction, they didn't refund him the shipping fee so now I have the car sealed at Autotrader terminal in San Antonio, TX ready to be delivered to the next buyer free of charge even in case of non-purchase .

...my 1991 toyota MR2 with manual transmission with 102,100 miles it is in excellent condition and drives perfect without any mechanical problems and a CLEAN TITLE. It has been very well taken care of and is very clean both inside and out. There are NO Engine or Service lights on. Rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident.
All functional and it will need nothing in the near future.
VIN: JT2SW22N5M0052086.

You can see the pictures here: http://claspics.com/272prjao/gyko6qhx/

I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions.

If you are ready for this purchase let me know and I will explain how we can complete this deal.

Second email:
Here is how it works if you never used Autotrader.
You send me your full name and your full shipping address so I can initiate the transaction.Autotrader contacts you with further details regarding the payment and shipping process.You submit the payment to Autotrader, Autotrader confirms the payment and asks me to release the shipment. I ship the car which should be at your door within 5 business days.You have a 3 days inspection period before you confirm the deal and Autotrader forwards the payment to me or you cancel the deal and get your money back .
Basicly Autotrader holds your money safe until you confirm that this car is what you have been expected and you want to buy it. It is not a sight unseen deal.
On the other hand I can ship my car knowing Autotrader has your money and you won't "disappear" with my mr2. We are both covered. Sorry for the long emails I have tried to touch all bases .

Thank you, Bernard Floyd .

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so no one gets taken. Looks very fishy to me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
^ just looking at the price I would hope the mr2 family would no better :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also got the exact same two responses. He also has a 3rd response:
So many callers say they are coming over and never show and never call to say they are not coming. Actually, most of these people are women. Even after many emails finally agreeing to give them a break in the price they still do not come over. Personally, I think some people just amuse themselves by calling people and pretending to want what they are selling.
He will never offer any of his own information, and only once did I get a personalized response from him, which simply read "get lost." Hahaha, of course I was harrassing him after he made it clear that he was a scammer.

The scammer (Bernard Floyd) always posts his ad as an image, which means you can't do a site-wide CL search for his ad. I have seen him use at least two different emails: [email protected] and [email protected] (feel free to spam him). He posts his ads on many CL cities looking for a sucker. Attached is one of his actual "ads."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts