MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: ok this is going to be a really redundent question to all you experts out ther ebut bare with me im a new proud owner of a 92 na mr2, ive done a few modifications to it and now i was wondering, should i put a ct26 into that i have already "just the trubo no wiring,piping,intercooler, down pipe, nothing!, but i do have the turbo, manifold, and 2 stainless steel pipes "think one is for oil and one is for water" but aside from that should i just sale what i ahve and then get a jdm 3sgte motor?? because i just wanna make my car look like a show car and is almost there. but performance wise i could car less... so please help what does everyone think?? go ahead and put my ct26 on on sale it and get a 3sgte even though im not gonna run it??? help!!

undecisive :violin:
kong

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Well if you don't care performance wise then yeah sell the stuff and use the money you made on the exterior and interior. If the turbo is in good condition then you can get atleast $100 out of it and another maybe $50 out of the manifold. You will need a lot more stuff to have that turbo fitted and running properly and about another $1000 give or take in parts, and if you aren't going to be utilizing that power then I wouldn't even bother. I am on the other hand turboing my 5s cause I plan on tracking racing and I need a little more power so I can keep up with those damn 3sgte's in the straights which I explained in the reply to the e-mail that you sent me on what all I was doing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
if you dont care about performance and want show points take my advise polish everything in your engine bay and try something that they havent seen before... ie the turbo setup is cool but i know the judges would love to see some polished itbs and headers as well as stainless radiator hose. dress it up. but clean wins shows. body kits get you to the show.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts