MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you saw this in the General MR2 section, but for those who haven't seen it: Bill and I are getting together on a long-term solution to cross-marketing everything, but for now, here is what you need to know:

1. There is a new Toyota MR2 book that focuses on issues of general ownership and high performance.

2. Our facebook page can be found here .

3. You can follow the book on twitter here.

4. The best price I've found is on amazon here.

5. I am building a website to support and supplement the book--a process I only started recently, and I'm bunk on web design, using a simple blog setup for now. The site can be found here .

6. No need to bump the thread, just email me. I don't want to spam, but I do want to make sure people know about the book. :) You can email me with any questions here.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Title: "Toyota MR2 Performance HP1553: A Practical Owner's Guide for Everyday Maintenance, Upgrades and PerformanceModifications. Covers 1985-2005, All Makes and Models (Paperback)"

$14.93 on Amazon.

That's a deal....

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
This book is only for true years right ?.. I mean.. like it doesn't have any tips for people with hybrids, does it ?.. like fx MK1.5 or other swaps, am I right ? If it does, I'll get a copy right away :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The book is a general high-performance owner's guide. It's kind of got a bit of everything. I started out in pre-writing doing sort of a Brian Long-style history of "biography" of the car and its performance, but the editor wanted this and that--how-tos, etc., so I ended up taking a much wider-angle.

It offers staged performance suggestions to get newbies started, and some history of, product, driving technique information, glossary, etc., for the average owner. It was not written as a highly-technical BillWOT/RickyB sort of guide (as I am not highly-technical myself), so it won't tell you which color wires need connecting on your average 2JZ-->SW2x swap. :) In this way, the highly-knowledgeable MR2 owner may not learn much "new," but it is nice to have a hard copy of a lot of this information handy to sit in your lap and read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts