MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Digest,

... caveat emptor for those lending thought to rolling out for future MR2 Assemble meets? You may be wise thinking twice about risking your vintage vehicle, on such a sophompric, poorly coordinated event.

I'd advanced purchased two VIP tickets, booked pricey 2-night accommodations nearby, for what couldn't be remotely characterized a third-rate event, organized by individuals armed the same tortured perception of fundamental ethics, a cross between Seth Rogen and Vladimir Putin (e.g., as advertised, "delicious barbecue meal' turned out to be hours old single patty junk food, from the local In & Out).

Parking assignments, roll in, registration out the window, organizers couldn't be bothered to arrive on time, traipsing along an hour and a half late, to their own event.

You see, everyone paid in advance; they'd already gotten their money; they got a little lazy. Just another one of those things that lets you know exactly how they really feel about you... the barbecue guy flaked out, so they pinched pennies, bait & switching the entire MR2 fraternity, with cheap junk food.

For what little it's worth, I'm honored to have taken 3rd place. And, I did it, fair and square (more on that, below). Heavily depreciated JCCS style law-of-the-jungle judging principles, about what you'd expect in the friendly town of Bedrock, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble handing out voting slips slapdash (help yourself to as many as you desire!), welcoming individuals to stuff the ballot box, shrill up their own vehicles.

Like something from a Hanna Barbera cartoon, it's the most extreme MR2s which took top honors, nicest or rarest or most unique of survivors dissed off entirely, wholly disregarded.

Indicative of the JCCS jock sniffers' glee club, guaranteed top honors in the AW11 category fell at the MR2 Assemble 7, to a simple matter of fashioning exposed hoses, perhaps through the headlamp; perhaps out the front grill; stick on a cheap 10" Momo steering wheel; perhaps zip tie the front license plate might be a nice touch?

Yabba-dabba-do!

No, MR2 Assemble 7 may just as well been held in a galaxy far removed, from the from Pebble Beach cucumber sandwich crowd. An event scheduled for 10:00 am roll-in, roll-out at 5:00 pm, MR2 Assemble 7 went noontime to 3. A disappointment, approximately 25% of MR2 Assemble attendees filtered out, before and during ceremonies. All of the old school IMOC guys but me winnowed away, within an hour or two after arrival.

I'm likely the only guy who scored honors, who abstained from voting my own entry (e.g., my AW11 vote went to spider Bob's 87 convertible). I'm probably the only guy they've refunded, for my "delicious barbecue meal" (lack thereof) -|.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is absolutely the best post ive read in a great while. as I have not been to any events since completing my build. Ill hold out for another, more practical event such as Toyota Fest 2020.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts