MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever wonder what the flow around the Toyota MR2 looks like? How about the Toyota Supra? Mazda RX7? or the new Scion FRS?

I've done some tests and compiled everything in an easy-to-follow video located below. Enjoy!

·
Registered
67 Posts
This video is really fantastic. There have been some other threads with good effort, but not quite to this level I don't think.

I was just discussing some of the problems associated with the rear buttress, we poured over photos of the 222d, to see what kind of solutions TTE came up with. The fastback being the most obvious - but I didn't realize the effect that the rear spoiler has on diffusing that rear bit of turbulence.

With all of that , are there any obvious / straightforward modifications that come to mind to help improve the AW11's situation?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nieros. Read through the report I put together on the AW11. I did a more thorough and in-depth look at the aerodynamics using a method that quantifies the velocity around the car. The report can be found on my website. It will suggest geometric modifications.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nieros. Read through the report I put together on the AW11. I did a more thorough and in-depth look at the aerodynamics using a method that quantifies the velocity around the car. The report can be found on my website. It will suggest geometric modifications.
I actually saw that yesterday after I'd watched the video! The report was extremely detailed and did give me a couple of interesting ideas. Thanks for the detailed analysis - most communities aren't lucky enough to have that kind of information on hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts