MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello every!!!!!!!!!!
I want to buy a MR2 turbo but i don't know which year i should buy.
I had check out 1990-1995 MR2 turbo but they all look pretty much the same to me. Can you guys give me some advise about which years is the best to buy? Is MR2 turbo with a 3sgte engin?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
ok, bra, let me talk to you before the 'real ppl' show up. first of all, this board has years of collected experience and advice. there's a 'search' button near the top right if you have any specific questions. they WILL have been covered before.

further, at the top of every class-specific forum, (such as the turbo mk2 mr2), there are 'sticky' threads-meaning they will stay at the top, and are full of useful knowledge. i suggest you spend hours reading about these cars before you commit any further or post any more.

i won't even start on your profile name. :smile:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The short version:

91 = very common
92 = same thing as a 91 but less common
93 = lots of improvements over prior years
94 = some changes, very rare
95 = extremely rare

Unless you have a lot of cash or a lot of time, being picky about the years isn't going to work too well.

-G-

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
morefaster said:
1990 is THE best year...

nothing else compares...just look harder if you can't find one
Just like trying to find an 83 corvette. :smile:

·
Bought December 2003
1,243 Posts
Kashi said:
ok, bra, let me talk to you before the 'real ppl' show up. first of all, this board has years of collected experience and advice. there's a 'search' button near the top right if you have any specific questions. they WILL have been covered before.

further, at the top of every class-specific forum, (such as the turbo mk2 mr2), there are 'sticky' threads-meaning they will stay at the top, and are full of useful knowledge. i suggest you spend hours reading about these cars before you commit any further or post any more.

i won't even start on your profile name. :smile:
Good advice.

94's and 95's are very hard to find. I have a 93 T and love it! Good luck.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,698 Posts
GetHigh declined to say where he's from, but 1990 MKII MR2's exist all over the place, just not in the US.

I have 8 years and 100k+ miles in my '91T. If I was in the market again, I'd happily pay the premium for a '93. I wouldn't pay a dime more for a 94-95, though. My $0.02. Good luck in finding yourself a '2, whatever year you choose.

·
Premium Member
5,587 Posts
MR2fast4u26 said:
are you going to get high and drive and MR2? are you a little pot head?

Go easy on the newbie, man. We're here to help, not criticize without just cause.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I guess the fact that his name is gethigh is probably why he said that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
ive personally seen 2 mkII's with a jan/90 production date, the later being car#5xx and the first one was car#26x. regretibly they are still 91 cars :mad: .

would be nice if you could get these and have them as '90s cars. then yu could say "i blah blah blah" :smile:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
PsychoSquirrel said:
potheads shouldnt own mr2s

and your not going to find anything above a 91 easily
smoking pot doesn't automatically make you a pot head just like having a beer now and then doesn't automatically make you an alcoholic. That being said, judging by his screename, yeah, he's probably a pothead.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Maybe he has glaucoma...who cares. Don't turn this thread into a political debate over marijuana. :rolleyes:

Smoke pot or don't, drink beer or don't, take NyQuil or don't....either way don't drive your car after any of them. :thumbup

To answer your question...check out the stickies in this forum, and the MKII, MKII NA, and MKII Turbo forums....they should answer all of your questions. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts