MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's looking for some seriously high end suspension for the MR2?

I'm currently working with https://motioncontrolsuspension.com/ to bring their damper system to the SW20 chassis. I will be able to offer their full range of dampers, with remote reservoirs and 2 way, 3 way, even 4 way damping adjustability if desired!

I fully expect this to be the best suspension on the market for the MR2 chassis.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Color me Very Interested. (and ping me offline if you want reliability testing and/or feedback by decently calibrated track drivers)

The Koni 8611s are ... fine, but we've been struggling to dial them in, especially the front axle. Whatever we set them to, bumps tend to upset it a bit too much mid-corner.
I run MCS 2-ways with remote dampers on my faster racecar, and jumping between that and the MR2 is night and day.

·
Premium Member
13,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Color me Very Interested. (and ping me offline if you want reliability testing and/or feedback by decently calibrated track drivers)

The Koni 8611s are ... fine, but we've been struggling to dial them in, especially the front axle. Whatever we set them to, bumps tend to upset it a bit too much mid-corner.
I run MCS 2-ways with remote dampers on my faster racecar, and jumping between that and the MR2 is night and day.
Yeah, the Koni dampers are pretty good for the price, and by nature of being an insert they are easy to adapt to almost any car. But they have their shortcomings.

What really turned me on to MCS is a friend of mine who races an e36 M3 with NASA. He's fast, has held track records in ST4 at Utah Motorsports Campus off and on over the years. He had a Koni based setup. This year he upgraded to some MCS's, and immediately re-set the track records on two of the configurations of that track, and later in the year set the record on a third configuration. So that kinda made me pay attention!

Reactions: msendit

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Not being able to access the site from my work, what does something like this cost?
Not for me, I dont track enough to warrant more than I have now (in dampers and springs, at least), but I was just curious.

·
Premium Member
13,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not being able to access the site from my work, what does something like this cost?
Not for me, I dont track enough to warrant more than I have now (in dampers and springs, at least), but I was just curious.
Depends on how much adjustment you want. The bare struts (as pictured) start at 3260 for single adjustable (rebound only), and ranges to over 10k for 4-way adjustables with remote reservoirs. Plus 1200 for springs, top mounts, etc to turn it into a complete coilover.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
whew!
Im sure it's great for tracking, but, again, Im good with my koni and trd struts and springs for the occasional track day, I think. Thanks for the information on pricing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts