MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a decent MR2 1994, but it has no trans or engine. So what if I put a Mazda RX8 engine in there what problems would I run into and is that worth the pain?

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Why?
I mean...well, why?
The little rotary in the rx8 wasnt exactly a popular engine, not known for its reliability or high hp. Just seems like a lot of effort for little to no benefit.

And Im not sure how that swap is any more 'jdm' than any other swap, but whatever

·
Super Moderator
2,696 Posts
Second that. The RX8 motor wears out far to quickly due to the reduced oil injection to get around emissions. Plus it doesn't make much power vs what a 2GR could make.

If you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it. But if you really want to do it, it can be done but it's all going to be custom so expensive and one off parts will need to be made.

·
Super Moderator
5,388 Posts
All these first time low post threads are designed for discussion (trolling). I've noticed a big trend of them post-COVID,

·
Registered
115 Posts
All these first time low post threads are designed for discussion (trolling). I've noticed a big trend of them post-COVID,
I have noticed the same here and on other forums. Provocative question or historically "controversial" topic from a new user, one or two posts to start the conversation and then they are gone. What I don't understand is the endgame?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Years ago when I owned a Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider 73' I attended a social event when one of those attending showed up with his new RX7. Someone remarked it was vastly superior to the IC engine, as in my Alfa. Time has passed and the IC for better or worse although fading(?) is still the predominant power source for auto usage. The "rotary engine" is still not the "miracle innovation" it was touted to be. I realize there may be patients still inforce(?).

·
Super Moderator
5,388 Posts
... What I don't understand is the endgame?
Yup, they usually don't get above 10 or so posts, usually not more than 5 and they're gone. And always questions designed for maximum conversation. Grammar and writing patterns are also similar.

What's the endgame of trolling? Attention mostly. Watching from the sidelines as well-meaning members respond to questions that just go off into the abyss may be entertaining for some. COVID has made many people bored out of their socks, it's something to do other than Netflix.

It could also be pilot holes for future spam, see our reaction times and how long certain accounts are open - sort of like bombers floating over border lines to check jet scramble security times.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If these posters are somehow being aided and abetted by site administrators, there may be some form of operative threat to privacy from a covert collection and use of personal information of respondents to these troll posts. On other popular participative sites it is now well known that users' personal information and photographs ares scraped and loaded into large-scale surveillance/facial recognition databases. Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are NOT out to get us all.

: added: it is possible that respondents are being tagged with cross-site cookies that aid in identification and targeting elsewhere i.e on other sites or social media - even without any cooperation by site admins. Must-read: "Surveillance Capitalism."

suggestions: clear your cookies and cache regularly, use a privacy-enhanced browser, and an ad-blocker. Even if this does not foil THEM completely, it makes THEIR job a lot harder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.