MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
the first one i saw that jumped at me was:

"Spoilers and cosmetic trim pieces" without a Y in the STS/X catagory. Those 2 things are expressly allowed within the ST group.

also the seats clause. the new rule for the ST classes hasn't been updated. I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is another entry lower down for "spoilers, body kits, wings" which says "Y" for STS and STX. It should probably be immediately below the "spoilers and cosmetic trim pieces", but it is there.

I could believe that he's behind on the seats rule. I think he created the table a couple years ago. He might not be aware of new rules in other classes if nobody has specifically contacted him about them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
ahh crap....my car is completely stock except for no carpet, door panels and passenger seat.....suck cuz now it puts me in a totally higher class...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm confused on the LSD subject. Can you swap oem LSD's, say into a n/a mr2, or a turbo that didn't have it before? I could see how it wouldn't apply to n/a's since they didn't come with it oem, but to a turbo model you can't do it as an 'update'?

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,963 Posts
You can't do any updating or backdating in the stock classes - none. In street prepared, you can update or backdate, but there are restriction to keep you from picking and choosing sub parts, or something like that. In street prepared, I believe you can also add LSD to the car that never came with that option, such as adding it to an NA or any MKI.

John
93T, 88 SC

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
sahtt said:
I'm confused on the LSD subject. Can you swap oem LSD's, say into a n/a mr2, or a turbo that didn't have it before? I could see how it wouldn't apply to n/a's since they didn't come with it oem, but to a turbo model you can't do it as an 'update'?
If it was available as a factory option for that year and model you can add it.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
hillman said:
Probably XP. Almost everything is legal in X Prepared. If not, it's E
Modified. Check the rules posted above.
Or SM2, depending on the rest of the car.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Running 710s in 2 weeks for the fisrt time after running a cheap 320 treadware tire at my first points autocross in 13 years. Was 1.6 out of first and 1.0 out of 2nd, both miatas on autocross tires. {Winner was 45sec lap} Whats a good starting PSI for the 710s? I was thinking 34psi to start but not sure and how much do you think a tire like the 710 would pick me up on a course that size over the 320 treadware tire?
ES 91 mr2

·
Registered
506 Posts
Twincharged MK1 is SM2 as far as i know so long as you don't have any other modifications that would bump it up. Even a 20v Twincharge is SM2. At least that is what my group's techs are telling me

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have a 91N/A with a gen3 3sgte swap.......what does that put me in? i tried looking at the table but i still didn't get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
racer7t9 said:
I was thinking 34psi to start but not sure
Thats probably not a bad start, but I would mark your tires with some white shoe polish, a little on the sidewalls, and a little on the tread edges. After your run check the marks. Oh btw, don't put too much on, you dont want to zebra stripe your tires. Check to see if you are rolling over on the sidewalls, if you are, add air, if not, remove some air. Since I do not bring a can of air or compressor, I over-inflate a bit, and then remove some air to get it right.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts