MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the first set of urethane motor mount inserts for the MKIII!! They look great, fit well and should work great but I still want to test them before starting production.
They have been sent to Carlos A. (sorry Carlos, don't know your board name) to be tested.
Hopefully he'll have them installed and can give some feedback by this weekend.

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
How much stronger are these than stock. I went thru 2 sets of stock mounts when I turboed the Spyder. I have the TRD mounts now and they seem to be hold up a little better.

edit: Sorry, just realized they were inserts. I don't think these will help me.

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like you said, these are no good with the TRD mounts. These will only fill in the space of the stock mounts.

Surprisingly the stock Spyder mounts seem to be sturdier than the MKI mounts. When you try to move the center metal ring it takes some muscle, where as the MKI mounts have alot of play. Of course the Spyder is putting out a few more horses. I still have yet to drive an MR2 Spyder. Who wants to let me drive theirs?? :)

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill, your MKI inserts are on the way. Wish I could've delivered them in person but couldn't make it up your way back last year. :)
I'll be making another trip to Charleston sometime this summer so I'll have to take you up on that test drive. The MK1.5 should be a mean beast by then! :)

For anyone else interested I've caught up on production of the MKIII inserts and have currently have 4 sets of inserts in RED and 2 sets of inserts in BLACK.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Cool beans! I don't normally drive other people's cars, but I guess I could handle you tossing me the keys so I can totally smoke my own car in yours. ;) (Joking, folks...I save my racing for organized off-street events.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.