MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I disagree, the NSX was very similar, but MANY mid-engined cars of that era had similar traits (side scoops, c-pillar/back window layout, pop-up headlights).

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
thats a nice looking car. Its just the general mid engined look, they all have similar traits

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
i think that looks more like an NSX than an MR2. It does kinda look like what you would get if you combined both of them though

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Looks more like the NSX than the MR2. I think those were just the design trends of the times.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
i agree it does have a lot in common with the mr2.
it also looks like a ferrari but people call the mr2's "the poor mans ferrari" all the time, as much as i hate this it looks like the mr2.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
if the back wheels matched the wheel wells, i think that the silver car would look way better. it looks more like an NSX personally. but the mk2 and the nsx have been comparred w/ farraris and other mid engined cars all the time. that car w/ twin turbo's and all wheel drive would have rocked alot of cars of its time, even still today. could you imagine the handling and the corner exiting speeds. its a mid engine skyline.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd take the silver one, minus the HICAS four wheel steering.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
As far as the powertrain layout goes, it is a clone of the Ford RS200. That is a very good thing since the RS200 is one of the only Fords on Earth that I really, really like.

Pay particular attention to the prop shaft from the transfer case to the rear differential. That allows both axles to be centered in the car. Nissan could use the same strong conventional diffs that it already had. The engine and transmission were laid out longitudinally. That would (and did) allow the same system to be shared with a front engined coupe. More importantly, it allows the engine to be mounted further forward than if a Porsche-like transaxle had been used. Audi Quattro/Subaru symmetrical AWD systems need a short boxer engine or the end up with the motor really overhanging the end of the vehicle. On Nissan's MID4 II the rear axle could have been stretched a foot, if needed.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I just thought of something. Look at the turbo plumbing.

This car would be great to mod. Stick one big turbo right behind the engine, right above the swaybar. The exhaust could shoot right out the back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts