MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, i needed a way to make my quarters flush with the rear bumper, so i took a page out of orphans book and started this last week...

This was last week week....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it was nice and flush with the rear bumper, but then i realized that it looks 3/4ths retarded without the flare, so i did that today.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and a pic with the half plumley modded spoiler....with the gf in the back holding it...

heres where i kinda need a second opinion.....i dunno what to do with the front most edge......

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
nice work mang. I would take it up to the scoop and taper it in at a 5-9 degree angle.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
couple options.....but i dunno what matches the boxy lines best....

something like this, with the red line being the start of where it would taper down, and the black being the spot where it actually ends...

i dont know about the swirvy design on the boxy car...maybe this.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I would take it all the way up to the opening. there is a straight line there, from the top to the body side molding. start tapering it in about where the red line is in the second pic.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
take it all the way to the side vent? so it tapers reeaaal gradually...thats sounds ok....i thought about leaving it wide all the way to the door, and bringing the side vent out flush with it...thanks..ill try that tomorrow...thats what i love about this stuff, its 2.59 for like 12 blocks of the stuff, so if i decide on something different, i can just cut it off...

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
that sounds like a plan. Take it to the door and turn the vent into the air flow. I bet it would increase airflow into that vent.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh....interesting....so you think i should still taper it, but start doing so at like the middle of the vent...ill try that today....

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
If you are going to put the vent in the wind...do a sharp angle maybe 30 degrees +/-

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the bumper only sticks out from the quarters about .5 to an inch...so thats about how far the majority of this panel sticks out...the vents probably at like a 20 degree slope...looks mean too

top-ish

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

i dunno what to do next to the sideskirts....looks overdone right now, so i need to figure out how to make it simpler

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
that is looking pretty cool. I cannot wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
well...itll be essentially the same...ive thought about adding a vent, but the whole point of making the quarters wide like this was so that i didnt have to cut them to make them flush with the bumper, so its all reversible....kinda defeats the purpose.......itd be nice to have a scoop right next to the IC tho....hmm

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i CANT figure out how to blend the lines into the sideskirts....the rest of the piece looks great, but this one little corner makes the whole thing look cheap and out of place....already went through like 6 blocks of foam redoing it...

used some blue paint as a guidecoat, but it gives it some more depth too...makes it easier to see the lines...

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you get the sideskirts that go with the bumpers you're using, they stick out just like the bumpers. That would make blending that thickness into the side skirts much easier I think.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts