MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
WWW.TECHNICALGARAGE.COM
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
because of the lack of decision making, I'm just going to take some action and make the decision for you guys. The meet is going to be at Treasure Island on Saturday 2/12/2005 at 10am. I will be there early, look for a gray mk1 mr2 with an aluminum spoiler and a left scoop. Those of you who cannot make the meet at TI in the morning are welcomed to join us at another small get together in WestLake Mall in Daly City, near Nations at 8pm - whenever you want to leave. Try the burgers there, it's awesome! If anything, give me a call at 415-608-0882, I'll try to help you out with directions but I'm really bad at it so bare with me. That's all I have to say

Here's the list of people that are going
1. Alan (me of course)
2. Rortizo
3. Polaroid_Addict (Cammy)
4. AceX
5. GuySmily (Rusty)
6. Pred (showing up with mk2)
7. Grey89
8. Uspspro (showing up at Nations)
9. PhoS
10. American_zero
11. Anderson
12. Sandra
13. Nite_boy (Tommy)

People that are thinking about it
Weoco (Sam)
Hiryu
CT_Calvin
Stephen (not on mr2 boards but my friend, owns a 89 SC)

·
Registered
168 Posts
thank you alan, i didnt want to be all "this is what is going on!!" b/c im all new. rusty and i will see ya saturday around 10 . i have your number in my phone so ill call you if we get lost/anything comes up ^^ see you soon

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Right o. Its about time someone took charge. By chance, can you come pick me up sat morning? I don't know my way to TI yet...

Pretty Please!?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
wait... do you want me and rusty to come by your house saturday and then you follow us?? sadly since i dont have a car, let alone my lience im riding with the rustay. but yeah, if you want to follow rusty and i then that is fine. just give me your address, or give me a call (916-204-0154)

oops~!! this is polaroid_addict (cammy) and not guysmily (rusty) oO

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'll try to come. Got address of the place?
I don't know how to get there. I'll probably leave from Davis if I'm going, so I guess I can join the caravan with those of you from Sacramento.
408-250-6498
Sam or Nguyen

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
10am? My flight comes in at 9ish. Oh well, I still want to check it out.

·
WWW.TECHNICALGARAGE.COM
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
weoco said:
I don't know how to get there. I'll probably leave from Davis if I'm going, so I guess I can join the caravan with those of you from Sacramento.
408-250-6498
Sam or Nguyen
http://www.ci.sf.ca.us/site/treasureisland_index.asp?id=286
"Treasure Island and Yerba Buena Island are accessible by car from the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge/Highway 80. Whether coming from San Francisco or Oakland, once on the Bay Bridge stay in the left lane and take the "Treasure Island/Yerba Buena Island" exit just before the Yerba Buena Island tunnel. Please observe all posted on-Island speed limits."

Pred said:
haha are MK2s welcome?
If so ill probably roll by.
If not ill roll by in the S13.
you are much welcome to join us, but keep in mind this is a mk1 mr2 meet so don't bring a whole lot of mk2's...save that for the next TI =D

I don't know where they parked last time when they had the TI meet, can anybody with experience tell me or roll down with me so we can set this up properly?

·
Registered
168 Posts
weoco said:
408-250-6498
Sam or Nguyen
if you want to follow us, let me or GuySmily know and we can work it out. davis is right on the way so it should be no problem. just let me know by friday night (same for you ace) so we know how early to get up. if you have any questions or anything give my a call at 916-204-0154, its my cell and im the only one that answeres. ^^;;; looking forward to seeing you!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Alan, it may take me a couple minutes to get my head reoriented once we're out there, but I'd be more than willing to meet up and guide you over to last fall's parking on Saturday, if you'd like. Hit me up on email, if you're interested: [email protected]

·
Uniquely Individualistic
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
where on the island is the meet located?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
right when you take the Treasure Island exit off Bay bridge going East. Just drive straight, and stay on the left hand side. If your dirving the right direction, you should be able to see SF on your left hand side.

I only want to go because I have nothing to do between the time period of 9am-1230pm.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Don't whine about toll.. We have to pay twice! (jk, btw =p) We have to pay once to get to SF, and again to get back to Sac. (Unless we make carpool times..)

To AceX and weoco:
Since Cammy/Polaroid practically lives next to Ace (I'll be spending friday night at Cammy's), we can probably meet up somewhere local.
Every time I head to the bay area, I top off my gas tank at Safeway at the Pitt School Road exit off of 80 (in Dixon). So.. weoco, if you wanna meet up with us there, that'd be the easiest setup for me.

If you don't wanna do that.. let's figure it out =p

What I don't know is what we're gonna spend all day doing in between the meets.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hey im all for heading into the city between the meets. the japan cent for lunch even tho im kinda broke x.x or going to the arcade at the peir *shurgs* im sure we can find something to do in SF to kill time inbetween the meets ^^

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Well I am tuning my EMS after work at about 1:30pm.... Maybe I'll see you guys at Nations.

Won't be able to hit up the TI part though. I work 4:30am - 1pm.

Marco

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anderson said:
Alan, I found the old Oct TI meet thread and am posting a link to it here so Everybody can get tthe directions from it.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=38576&page=3&pp=30&highlight=Treasure+Island

:banana

Anderson
hey... i tired to look at the map frum the link but it doesnt work O_O is it just my computer, or no???
anyways, do you know if you can post a new map or give an address/directions or something. i know where the exit is, i just dont know where anything on the island acutally is.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts