MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys-

I've sold my '2 but I wanted to make this stuff available to the community. A significant amount of time and money was spent on getting this right, so hopefully some of you can make use of it. Just don't be a dick by trying to make money off it, please.

I've recreated the artwork for the MKI decal set- front bumper, trunk lid, and rear bumper (everything but the stripes). These were not recreated from photos, they were traced from very high resolution scans of new factory decals in Illustrator. They are absolutely perfect recreations and all dimensions are exactly as the originals. You'll notice the front bumper decal has a slight curve to it- that's not a mistake.

Here are the image files:
MK1 Decal Set (.ai) - Vector, Illustrator
MK1 Decal Set (.jpg) - 300dpi jpg

The artwork never changed from 85-89, but Toyota did have about 4 or 5 different decal color schemes throughout the years. Colors are easily changed in Illustrator if you'd like. This particular color scheme is sort of a metallic charcoal color with a metallic silver outline on the trunk decals. It's called Dark Silver Metallic, and was found on:
'87 Silver Metallic (paint code 166)
'87 Beige (paint code 4G8)
'87-'89 Super White (paint codes 040/043)
'88-'89 Black (paint codes 202/204)

Enjoy-
Brett

UPDATE: I was mistaken when I first said that this artwork didn't change from 85-89. As others have pointed out in this thread, the rear bumper chicken is larger on 85-86's. My artwork is accurate for 87-89's.

UPDATE OCT 2009 I've had problems with my web host on and off for most of this year, but I've switched to a different company so the files are available again.

UPDATED SEPT 2017 Links were not working for some time, but have been updated to my dropbox account. I am no longer active on this forum, but feel free to email at brett at thedashbetween dot com.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks!

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,622 Posts
Do you know the dimensions/have the measurements of all of these stickers? I can take this to my decal guy and get some black/gold trim bumper stickers done, which is what I would want. I just need to tell him the overall length and everything else will stay proportional, as you have already done this perfectly. Strong work!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone still have these files? The domain has expired and I'm trying to fix this:

I need the screaming chicken for the rear and the 'TOYOTA MR2' lettering made.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,799 Posts
STIX said:
Anyone still have these files? The domain has expired and I'm trying to fix this:

I need the screaming chicken for the rear and the 'TOYOTA MR2' lettering made.

Thanks!
Dang.. your sure your pillar and strut tower were not effected by that accident?

·
Thailand rules!
6,838 Posts
I think someone here on Norcal had some trunk letting made to replace the MR2 with AW11 - it looked original and was sweet!

Thanks for this though, as I'll probably end up painting mine in another year or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Thirdvector, you've got PM!

Tksmr2, I'm not sure what I've got other than a pending salvage title and a general disgust for distracted drivers, especially those with USAA as an insurance company. I'm hoping to put it back 'right', but may have to settle for 'close'. I pulled the crushed intake plumbing apart to make it driveable and touched up the bare metal, but am waiting until my settlement check shows up to dig much further into it.

I had it at the PNW MR2 meet a couple weekends back and it still feels the same behind the wheel. BryanH caught a couple of really nice shots that serve to remind me of how much fun a totalled car can still be:

Still hoping to make lemonade out of my lemon.

:p

·
Midship Captain
3,171 Posts
How do you print Vynil stickers anyway? I assume you may need a special printer.

If I broght these files to a print store, they could probably print these for me right?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts