MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if there is a company or someone who makes a "bolt on" motor mount kit for the 3SGTE swap to the MK1? I'm looking at buying an 86 N/A, but I want to do the 1.5 conversion, but dont have the time or the equipment to fabricate motor mounts. If there isn't one avaliable, will the 4AGZE SC engine be compatible with the N/A transmission? and will it be reliable?

·
Registered
330 Posts
as far as i know there's no bolt on adaptors for this swap.

sc engine will fit onto the na transmission, some poeple say it wont last but other have done so for a few years. has shorter gearing than the sc box so will make the car a bit quicker as well!

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
welly_59 said:
as far as i know there's no bolt on adaptors for this swap.

sc engine will fit onto the na transmission, some poeple say it wont last but other have done so for a few years. has shorter gearing than the sc box so will make the car a bit quicker as well!

The NA trans is also quite a bit lighter. If you are going to be daily driving or road racing then there is a decent chance it will last for a while.

If you plan on drag racing or launching hard from a dead stop very often (especially with sticky tires) then you might want to stay away from using the NA trans with an SC motor (especially if you choose to put a Cusco size pulley on it!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts