MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck on this mission right now. Man it's hard. I'm curious if anyone here has completed it yet, and if so, where can I pick up 16-18 seconds? So frustrating...

BTW, it's the Merc SLR @ the Nurburgring mission.

-Scott

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow...

:notworthy

I wish I could get so lucky. It is sooooooo hard. Going on two days now. I ran the 4hrs of Nurburgring in a similarly tuned SLR just to get as good as possible before going for it, and I STILL can't get it... I suck. The closest I can seem to get is ~16sec. from the leader and 4th place. :shakeshea

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. I hate this mission.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
mr2pmp said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. I hate this mission.
Trust me.... I have felt your pain! Threw my controller a few times in the process. It wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to wait the 2 minutes to start over.

Did you read the stuff on the GT4 website? Here is the direct link for the lazy: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68831&highlight=Mission

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, I read it. It wasn't a whole lot of help though, unfortunately.

During the 2min wait I have:
made restroom stops
made drinks
made dinner
made out w/ the gf
made the bed,
and typed this post!

No lie! Not all in one 2min wait, but I've learned that reading posts and typing replies eats up that 2min pretty fast... Thanks MR2OC!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
that's the problem, 4 attempts at it and you're already through 1 hour of playing. It's the sports tires that kill it, I get it sideways slightly and lose it

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm down to about 7+sec. Getting there, but it's slow going...

Best advice I can give would be to slow down. Slow entry, fast exit. That cut my time by more than 50%. Much better than sliding through every corner. :lol:

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Nothing personal, but I hate you guys...:p

I put in ~5hrs today. I'm down to a new low of -3sec. It's closer, but damn it's hard. Plus that time was pretty much clean. No cheating. Everytime I cheat it feels like the offroad excursions slow me down more than if I stay clean. I just want it behind me...

I'm not even that bad of a player. This is to ONLY game I ever play. I can't be that bad, can I?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I played it for 3 hours, got to within 52 seconds, so don't feel bad (and I thought of myself as a good GT4 driver too)

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
***UPDATE***

I beat it. Not like that. Get yo mind out the gutter.

I beat the NTSC version (harder than PAL by 11sec.) last night by 0.029 seconds. Very dirty run, very unbelievable. I just kept it nailed down through the last section after the long straight, ebraked and spun it 180, packed it into the wall backwards (no time penalty that way ;) ) and as I got back on the track, the 300SL was just taking the last corner. For a second I thought, aw hell. Time to restart again. But then it hit me. The 300SL has no balls!

I took off for it, got a decent final turn, and hammered down to the finish, banging rev limiter in 2nd across the line (shifting takes too long and slows the McLaren down way too much. I didn't want to risk it.). I thought, there's no way, but I held on anyways. When we crossed, I thought, nope again so close but.....blue numbers, that seems odd...HOLY SH**!!!! BLUE NUMBERS!!! I BEAT HIS IZZASS!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Scared the bejesus out of my poor GF, who was sleeping next to me, but damn it felt good.

Only 1 more race 'til 100% complete. :jose

-SH

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Oh this mission... Lost by .077 seconds once, I have yet to play it again (the loss was that depressing). This was about 5 months ago or so :p

·
Turbo-less since 6.17.07
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know man. I tried it for a week and then had a similar incident. 8 months later, I decided I wasn't going to do another thing in the game until I passed it. Took 3 days this time.

The good news is that now golding all the liscence tests is a freaking breeze. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts