MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd be interested in the weight difference as well. However, I'm guessing the weight would be contingent on fluid volume more than anything else. If the radiator holds another half gallon of coolant over stock, that'd be another 4lbs ish.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I weighed it when I installed it 2 years ago. A stock n/a radiator with water deposit buildup weighs 4lbs more than a dry brand new mishimoto. Then again, I'm sure it holds more so the difference is close to zero. Also, the stock one didn't leak after 21 years. The mishimoto leaked after just 2.

I need a replacement, I bought it new/unused but secondhand. Am I SOL? Or do I have the original buyer try to score one for me?

Also, where do I find the serial number?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
I need a replacement, I bought it new/unused but secondhand. Am I SOL? Or do I have the original buyer try to score one for me?
You might be. I'd give them a call and see what can be done. You never know, and you might be able to get a discount on a new one.

Also, where do I find the serial number?
It's on the top of the radiator etched into a blue blue number plate. Remove the plastic cover over the radiator/condenser and you should see it staring right at you. I believe it's on the passenger side of the radiator.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts