MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
So,

After all my efforts/problems (changing engines, oil pump valve falling out=no oil pressure, etc etc etc) I've still got a miss.
I put my stethoscope on all four injectors and they were making a nice clicking noise like they should.
My distributor cap and rotor were looking pretty crummy and old so I replaced those today and it still missed.
I measured the resistance of all four spark plug wires and those were good too.
I hooked up the timing light to all four spark plug wires and all 4 showed spark.
So I pulled the plugs.... Number three looks BRAND NEW. Like it has never fired on that cylinder.
Tomorrow I'm gonna hook up a test lamp to the injector plug to see that it's getting a signal and measure the resistance of the injector itself.

Anybody got any more Ideas?

-Eric

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
86AW11 said:
Bad spark plug?
The resistance came out ok, and when I hooked up a timing light it flashed. And timing lights fire by current, and in order for there to be current it has to spark.

So I really don't think the spark plug is bad. I am planning on pulling it and letting it spark externally tonight so I can see the spark.

Anybody ever heard of a plugged injector?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.