MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hey Mike, honestly you need to post it up on BAT as a restored classic Japanese sports car.
I know what you mean about the STD brand clutch they’re known for weak pressure plate.
Replace with south bend stage 2 which is essentially made by Exedy.
You rarely even see any mr2 restored like this with powder coated and painted parts throughout for corrosion protection plus fresh quality paint, engine trans, suspension brakes steering so that definitely adds to the value as it’s a classic collectible now.
I’m guessing you can get $15k out of this one to right buyer
Make sure to include documented restoration pics vids receipts records like that to entice interested buyers
Post it on eBay, Facebook groups, BAT
For some reason the black painted engine lid vents bother me don’t know I guess because if they’re painted red like rest of the car it just flows smoothly doesn’t distract your attention.
You think you might get to paint the other Pittsburgh red mr2 before this winter?

·
5,228 Posts
I've seen just 'nice' 91ts selling successfully for $13K. Mike's cars are meticulous. $15K would be a loss, I'd say it's worth somewhere north of $20K.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mike, honestly you need to post it up on BAT as a restored classic Japanese sports car.
I know what you mean about the STD brand clutch they’re known for weak pressure plate.
Replace with south bend stage 2 which is essentially made by Exedy.
You rarely even see any mr2 restored like this with powder coated and painted parts throughout for corrosion protection plus fresh quality paint, engine trans, suspension brakes steering so that definitely adds to the value as it’s a classic collectible now.
I’m guessing you can get $15k out of this one to right buyer
Make sure to include documented restoration pics vids receipts records like that to entice interested buyers
Post it on eBay, Facebook groups, BAT
For some reason the black painted engine lid vents bother me don’t know I guess because if they’re painted red like rest of the car it just flows smoothly doesn’t distract your attention.
You think you might get to paint the other Pittsburgh red mr2 before this winter?
Hey thanks bro...I think I'm gonna drive it for a while. :) I really like the contrast of the black on the engine lid. But I see your point...I'm not going to do it on the next car because some people love it or hate it. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen just 'nice' 91ts selling successfully for $13K. Mike's cars are meticulous. $15K would be a loss, I'd say it's worth somewhere north of $20K.
Hey thanks Repete! If I can get 20k it is sold. :)

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Thank you Mike for bringing a top quality car into the market! Hopefully with the increased pricing we can gain enough attention to have new discontinued OEM parts made.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Mike for bringing a top quality car into the market! Hopefully with the increased pricing we can gain enough attention to have new discontinued OEM parts made.
Thanks J. OEM parts....That would be nice right???

·
5,228 Posts
I've seen a few meticulous samples like Mike's high quality build in person and they are something to see. Pure joy.

Unfortunately, I don't see any sort of profit for manufacturers creating new OEM parts for a niche product that didn't even sell well when these cars were new. Piled on top of that, even Toyota reps know our notorious cheap-ass reputation for spending as little as possible on the car. Mike is in the minority.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't see any sort of profit for manufacturers creating new OEM parts for a niche product that didn't even sell well when these cars were new. Piled on top of that, even Toyota reps know our notorious cheap-ass reputation for spending as little as possible on the car. Mike is in the minority.
I've heard this a thousand times, it's getting different than it ever has been before K swaps are becoming easier and more popular. Thank you boostedbois. My car will always be 3s powered but I always welcome more attention towards these cars.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've heard this a thousand times, it's getting different than it ever has been before K swaps are becoming easier and more popular. Thank you boostedbois. My car will always be 3s powered but I always welcome more attention towards these cars.
Hell yea...I love the attention on our cars! But the current fastest MR2 in the world is no a K swap. Its a 5S/3SGTE ! :)

·
5,228 Posts
...I've heard this a thousand times...
Every time someone wishes for new OEM parts, you'll hear it a thousand more times. I'll bet you a nickel it won't happen.

Since owners have been discussing this possibility, I haven't seen a resurrection of body panels, glass and a lot of the other parts since discontinued from Toyota. The Supra boyz have a little of that because they actually pay - just as they did with the original car. If you count "OEM" parts from other manufacturers, then there are some here & there for SW20s - but nothing resurrected from Toyota so far, and IMO, probably wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong, but I ain't.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Always enjoy the videos, work, and attention to detail! I feel like it’s one of the few mr2 related YouTube content that’s actually useful and watchable. Looking forward to more!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts