MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike how much would it cost for you to paint a engine lid (crismon red) my turbo one is not in the greatest shape and i forgot to throw the black n/a one i had on to get it painted instead. If you can do it for a good price i'll bring it to the meet and give it to ya , and you could just bring it back when you come down here for another meet or what not. Thanks Aaron

·
COUNT: 41 MR2'S DRIVEN
3,485 Posts
one problem, well two. if we make it we may be bringing my nephew down to meet tony. that means, we won't have the room inside the wrx. then, there's the weather. i know it's supposed to be rainy there, but up here it's snow/sleet and freezing rain.

we'd have to look at it and ask daddy-o for an estimate. we'll take a look at it but it'll be hard to spot match it without blending it in with the fenders. any chance you could get it to your paint guys, to prevent us from having to panel match it?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
By the way betrhalfof8legs, latest forecast is showing partly cloudy through the day and just clouds here in the afternoon (Newport News). Which is good news for the meet. I just hope it doesn't get bad up there in Richmond.

·
COUNT: 41 MR2'S DRIVEN
3,485 Posts
weather.com says snow to ice saturday night here...then rain to freezing rain on sunday. danG! we'll wake up to a blizzard tomorrow! they are never right.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I dont mind doing it...but if they paint it with the same batch it will ensure a better colormatch. It is almost impossible to get it perfect color wise unless it is painted at the same time or blended into the adjacent panels.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotcha, well i have to go them because some chick ran into the back of me and i thought it would be rather pricey to get them to do it, but i'll find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts