MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Michigan?

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  powderballz 
#1 ·
Who's here and what are your responsibilities?

#6 ·
Damn, I wasn't able to visit your paddock. Actually, I just forgot. Your car looked very good at endurance, it sounded very nice. It was unfortunate about your shifting difficulties.

Side note: it turns out that 4 hours of design-semifinals can have a very adverse effect on your body, especially coupled with no sleep for three days. I did very well, but one judge raped me sideways due to the fact.

#7 ·
Yea, for the first three laps I was in the car I only had 2nd gear, and there were some 4th gear straights that i got shafted on, so I was pushing extremely hard through the turns trying to make up for my lack of straightaway speed and got myself into a whole heap of trouble plowing over cones. Then I even got black flagged for hitting too many cones,...it was just a huge frustration to me and it just got worse and worse...Then after I got released the car finally had all the gears again and by then I was so nervous of hitting cones I started driving really conservative and couldn't go fast enough.

#8 ·
What's up with the penalty you guys got slapped with?? It didn't look like you guys knew about any penalty when you got the car off the track. I was the next car to finish right after you and you guys were celebrating around the car all the way back to the paddock.

#9 ·
I don't know, man. Too much time designing, driving, and breaking stuff. Not enough time reading the rule book. It is entirely our fault. Live and learn. We really wanted that 4th place spot, but 6th place is still nothing to cry about.

Are you going to California?

#11 ·
Yea, I saw you. I saw that your driver had taken his helmet off and it was sitting on the rear wing and you were talking to him....That inspired me to leave my helmet on and visor down in hope that no one would try talking to me. HAHAHA

And yes, I am going to California

#12 ·
HAHAHA, I just found the link from the SCCA photographer, and on the 12th page there is a sequence shot of me that I am dying from laughter at how bad my driving is in those three pictures. It goes from "he can probably save it" in the first pic, to "alright, now he's in a bit of trouble" in the second pic, to "plus one cone" in the third.

http://bucchi.smugmug.com/gallery/8260359_tGW6D#540795133_j6rPy

#13 ·
Did I hear that Doug's car broke in Endurance or did they just get that nasty penalty?

My buddy at Toyota was there but I didn't have much time to talk to him so I was kind of confused, and the forums are just stupidly convoluted.

I heard that Graz dominated. They have an incredible car.

#16 ·
We (University of Illinois-Chicago) were working on our car basically the whole time. It was even a miracle we made it to comp with having dropped a valve in our motor Tuesday night and spent all of Wednesday sourcing parts and getting it machined and arrived at comp early Thursday. Then at comp we f'ed up the clutch pivot and couldnt make it to skid pad and accel and lost a day fixing it. We made it to autox with 5 minutes to spare and they didnt allow us to run b/c we didnt have rain tires. All we did was enduro were our car did the first 10 laps and as it pulled into the pit the shifter broke off!

Ahh well, not bad for a first year team. Im proud of how we did. We learned alot from this experience and we hope to improve next year.

#18 ·
Well to be honest we didnt even have 15 minutes of seat time in the car because we were still building it. We couldnt even tune the car because we got our intake rapid prototyped and the company that did it waited till the last minute.

Doug kept coming over to our paddock and talking smack about how his car was the _____ haha.

#19 · (Edited)
Oh Eugene, you know I was just jabbing at you.

To Dustin and Ben, I better see your Mother F'ing asses over there!!

Dustin, are you guys going to the Good Year track day? We are heading there this weekend!

Tu Graz put up an amazing car as usual. Their traction control calibration was impeccable and the rest of the car was very thorough.

Doug

#20 ·
I am out of town this week, the team took the car to another parking lot to work on some skidpad setups, as well as fine tune launch control. I'll be back next weekend, not sure if we are going to be at Goodyear or at another parking lot, but I'll be back to get some more seat time to get a little more comfortable before heading to cali.

I thought Goodyear was closed starting last week for repaving...?? If they're still open they we will probably be there next weekend, but I didn't think they were and that's why we had parking lots lined up..

#21 ·
I'll be in LA friday & saturday. Buying the plane ticket today. Wish I could comment more on the OSU '09 Formula, but I haven't seen it drive yet. I've heard it's at least as quick as the '08 car, which would have been in the top 5 in LA last year had it not broken on us over and over and over. The whole team went out last weekend for a drive day at our private airport :p in the Dalles and they said it was running pretty reliably, which is pretty impressive for our first monocoque and a first-year engine & EMS.

I'll just be there as a spectator though, unless at the last minute they ask me to do the design presentation, like last year :p Can't wait to see my rear end in action :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.