MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan MR2 Meet-up Oct. 1, 2022

1K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  martinjlm 
#1 ·
Yeah, I know it’s the same day as the Bear Mountain event. But for those in Michigan / NW Ohio, and maybe even NE Indiana, if you don’t go to Mahweh, we’ll be hanging out on Woodward Ave (yes THAT Woodward) pounding down ice cream and eye-hugging each other’s cars. Oct 1, 1-4 pm. Disclaimer…that is not Oberweis in the photo. The photo is the banner photo of the Michigan MR2 Facebook page. Oberweis is an ice cream shop on Woodward that is a favored hang spot for many car clubs.

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll be there!

My AW11 just got dropped off this weekend!
It's not running, yet, so it won't be there. I need a lot of parts, as it came without an engine, so I'll be asking about parts.

Also, my shop at 12 Mile Rd and Campbell has a relatively large parking lot. If there's ever a desire to hang out somewhere where you're welcome, come hang out at my shop.

I'm headed to radwood this morning. Hope to see some of you there.

Attachments

#4 ·
Sorry your car’s having issues. Still, you can still do as burdickjp is doing and just come for the hang and for information. And ice cream. Oberweis is stupid delicious.

#7 ·
Michigan MR2 meetup at Oberweis Dairy convenes in about a half hour. If you’re in the Southeast Michigan area, please drop in. I’ll drop some pics in this thread during and after the event.

Oberwies Dairy
32808 Woodward Ave
Royal Oak, Michigan (a few miles north of Detroit)

#8 ·
We had a nice outing. Pretty good turnout. One AK11, seven SW20, two Spyders. Ranging from bone stock to K-swapped to 2GR swapped. Pics as promised. These two are from near the end of the meetup. Group photo as well as one where we all are next to the cars that we belong to.

Cloud Sky Land vehicle Plant Car

Cloud Sky Plant Land vehicle Tire

Reactions: xxxboosted2xxx
#9 ·
A few random perspective shots. The red vehicle next to the blue wrapped K-swapped SW20 is a Suzuki X90. Super cute, super rare, super slow (her plate is TO SLOW)
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: xxxboosted2xxx
#10 · (Edited)
Bone stock Spyder.

The 404 car next to it in the photo is a 2GR swap with stripped out interior. The owner is weighing his options on what to do with the interior.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#11 ·
A slightly modded Spyder with coilovers, 235/40/17 rear and 215/40/17 rubber.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#12 ·
A blue wrapped K-swapped SW with a ridiculous amount of power (I heard someone other than the owner say 900 hp, but I didn’t confirm). The trunk wall was taken out and cooling fans installed where the trunk useta be.
Hood Light Blue Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

#13 ·
A matte green with black accents ‘91. I forget what the powertrain is for this one but I think it’s pretty much stock 2.0T + E153. Not sure if original or if upgraded to a later vintage. I like that someone else has done the contrasting color engine vents route. Seems like a natural to me. Don‘t know why Toyota never did that from factory.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire

#14 ·
Blue ‘91 with 2GR swap. Carbon fiber wing and teeny tiny carbon fiber mirror housings. Kouki taillamps with carbon fiber center panel and reverse lights relocated to license plate area. This guy likes carbon fiber. So do I. If you’ve seen my Camaro you are already well aware of that.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive battery Automotive design

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

#15 · (Edited)
A red and a turquoise. Both came a little late and I didn’t get much detail or more focused shots. The red did have the tan leather interior, which was very nice.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

#16 ·
AK11. Body was valiantly fighting the rust demons, but the interior was really nice and well preserved.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#17 ·
This forum is littered with multiple pics of my orange and gunmetal beauty queen, so I’ll only drop this one shot in here with a few other cars in the background.

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

#19 ·
I assume you’re talking about this one…
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

I don’t recall what was being said about it but I can talk to the owner about it. I’m already going to be talking to him about the engine lid prop he has installed. I need that in my life. You can see it just above the air filter in the pic. What do you want to know about the strut bar beyond who makes and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.