MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished wiring up MS. When it cranking it shows 6000rpm. It stays at 6k until I pull the keys out (car doesn't start yet). It shows 6k even if I disconnect the tach wire from MS. This is an unmodified board. Is this a problem with MS or does it just mean it's not getting an rpm signal?

Jakub

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hmmm... I don't know why that would be. Did the MS test okay on the stimulator? My setup doesn't register rpm during cranking, but that's with the stock ignition. You're using EDIS, right? I would double check your wiring.

Also, what do you mean by a "unmodified" board -- the board needs to be modified to use EDIS. Check the MSnS-E setup info for Edis here: http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

James

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It checked out fine with the stimulator. I don't have one on hand so I can't test it. I haven't done the MSnS mod yet. I want to get the board running as is. EDIS runs 10deg static timing without an input from a controller. I know it's not EDIS because it does this even if I unplug the rpm input to the MS (pin 24). That's why my guess is something is wrong with my board or I thought the 6000rpm might be a default for no rpm signal.

Someone on the msefi forums said sometimes megatune shows 3k or 6k rpm at crank. I still don't have my dash tach hooked up to edis, so I'll do that, then I can see if it's at least sending a signal. I gotta check for spark, too. Unfortunetely it's going to be a busy week so I doubt I'll get around to it until next sunday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts