MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone posting a website with a few megasquirt maps on it, but I tried searching and I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I forget his name, but the site doesn't exist anymore -- or at least doesn't include the maps. He was part of a band and they broke up -- and the site got a serious reworking.

I have collected a variety of maps, mostly fuel only, for NA and turbo 4age. I can e-mail them to you, if you want.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Shadetree mechanic
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hmmm. I had that site bookmarked and went to check it about a month ago and it was gone. Most of the maps I have are on that site.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that's the site, thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Guys,

I was suprised to see my maps on the 88mph site to say the least. Well I don't suggest using that spark map. Niel D and I have tested the one at the link below it is more conservative and a better starting place.
http://www.geocities.com/superchargingmachine/MS_maps/020405.mss

THE SPARk MAP AT 88MPH MAY CAUSE DETONATION! BE CAREFUL WITH IT.

The fuel map is ok. Here is my current fuel map which is a work in progress. I will continue to add maps to the geocities link. I always save them by date.
http://www.geocities.com/superchargingmachine/MS_maps/020805a.msq

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Paul that first map you gave the link to, what type of setup is that for? How many psi, on what engine(gze, ect..), also what type of spark system are you running. Thanks!

Kyle

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry I sent it to the guy who owns 88mph and forgot to post it here.

This is my setup.
Stockish 85' 4A rebuild
ARP head studs
Cometic 0.60 headgasket
compression pressure is 180psi I think this is 8.9:1
distributorless EDIS ignition
10psi of boost.
Fabricated 4 into 1 roughly equal length manifold
TVIS with pressure actuation.
No intercooler
440cc injectors

The spark map is Neils with some small changes I made.
The fuel map started as a scale up of the one I used with the 295cc injectors. And has been steadily adjusted each time I drive the car.
Both will get you running if you have a 4A. From there you will need to tune it to your driving style.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Turbo's are pretty efficient even last summer I never saw intake temps above 135?F. But, I haven't raced it and haven't had it on a dyno yet. So, knock hasn't been a problem. Also, I keep my timing down to accomodate intake temps. I probably could make a little more power with an IC.

This started as a low buck lets see if I can actually make this work thing. So I didn't put a ton of cach into it. I plan to add an intercooler shortly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts