MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone who is MECP certified. How hard is the test for the "Basic Installer" certification? I've looked around and I've found quite a few schools that will train and prep you for the test. But I've also found sites that say if you know what you're doing you can just take the test and be done with it. I know that getting certified is more than just connecting a few wires and shoving a set of 12's in someones trunk. I've been installing car audio since I was 15. So I feel that almost 9 straight self-taught years of install should have me pretty up to speed. So my question is this. Is it better to buy a study guide and take the test? Or is it really worth it to go to one of those "prep" schools and take the test after?
Thanks

DuBy

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
mmm i think i was awake when i took it......... if you know electronics and basic wiring you will be fine....i dont remember where the sites are but there are free places to take prep tests and stuff like that find them learn them and all will be good

heres one that was a no brainer
http://www.the12volt.com/cgi-bin/quiz.asp

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
It isn't hard, a study guide will suffice if you have been installing before.

·
Registered
484 Posts
study guide ok. as long as you understand relays,ohms law,other technical parts of install you will be fine. dont forget safety stuff (pretty much common sense but you would be surprised) also to pass you need 70 or better on all three parts. i have seen people fail because one part they had a score of 69 and the other two were 90's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts