MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im starting to get a very punchy system in my aw11 and with the large amounts of bass I am getting unwanted noise. Its not noticable inside but it drives me crazy.

I sound deadened the hood and that helped alot since I have 2 subs in the frunk. My headlights are under a barage of low frequencies all the time and they are causing the most noise since they have multiple screws etc. Ive tried tighening everything but they still rattle. Im thinking about putting sound deadener around the housing, will this cause too much heat and kill the bulb?

I also have to tighten my engine lid in the back of the car since its rattling too. :D I love subs.

Feral have you had this issue with your headlights? I mostly care because im picky, and dont want everyone outside the car to just hear annoying rattles, especially at a car show.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i would imagine deadening would be ok, if you get the kind with the foil face it protects against heat as well. (if the bulb makes the heat it should be ok right?, i mean how well vented are the housings now?) maybe you could try building a top for the subs inside frunk, kind of like a second hood. this should relieve pressure from hood, lights....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts